Sign in to follow this  
Repsol

New Car At Dealership!

we dont get fuel cheap, especially if youre filling the tank of a 5000lb cadillac that runs with a big v8. also, youre acting like all of your cars in europe are never pieces of crap.

every automotive company out there makes good and bad cars.

yeah, some american cars suffer with a stiff suspension, but look at what those cars are. the wonderful corvette, or the camaro, firebird, transam, charger, all american classics and all built for one thing, performance. if you want a soft, comfortable grocery getter, there are plenty to choose from.

seeing as yank cars are widely known for being badly made and cheap, and jap cars quite the opposite?

lol sebbie

Just because most japanese vehicles are known for being well made, doesn't imply that American cars are poorly made. This is a stereotype.

Nowadays, everyone is moving toward smaller, more reliable, fuel efficient vehicles. Almost all newer standard vehicles have a fuel efficiency over 25 mpg these days.

Also, even a $12K Chevy Aveo, comes with choice of woodgrain interior. I don't know about you, but the interior of any 1990's Honda isn't exactly plush. Hell, even my 2005 special edition Civic isn't exactly luxurious.

Our fuel prices aren't cheap either. Most people either have enough money to d.d. in Hummers, or they go broke very quickly and trade in their V8's.

Hell, alot of times, I come to a pump and the previous person has spent $120 filling up their tank.

lol i was just bored n fancied a bit of banter...

well petrol has gone up to about £1-£1.15 a litre over here, so about the 2 dollar mark for a litre, and about $7.50 - $8 for a gallon if u do the conversion, how much do you guys pay?

I'm just going on what i've heard over the years about the american cars

The conversion is right, but that sounds ridiculous. Are you telling me you pay about $83 (41 pounds) to fill up your Sol?

And for your info as far as American suspension's go.

Who in the HELL is gonna' invest money into making an AWESOME suspension for something like a Ford 500? A suspension setup is a suspension setup. Granted, BMW and Audi make an outstanding handling affordable car, the price on those cars alone is outrageous.

And if you REALLY wanna look @ suspensions, have a go at the C6 Z06's suspension setup.

BEEN USED FOR YEARS, and the car STILL competes with Porsche and Ferrari.

lol, so thats why it was heavily slated on top gear when it was featured on there for still using leaf springs? if i remember correctly? something along the lines of sticking suspension from fred flinstones car in there?

Top Gear is a show full of british that do nothing but bash American cars, if you've noticed. One of them bought one bad Ford GT during the first few months it was made and still had bugs to it.

The fact of the matter is they can bash an old leaf spring setup all they want but if you take the Z06 to the track with any Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, Audi, Mercedes.. It'll handle with the best of them with it's cromagnum suspension setup. There's no arguing with numbers. They just have to make their little bruised ego feel better, that's all.

sorry wannaBstuntin, missed ur post there, yeah it costs £41 ($83) to fill up my sol. It is such a joke, about 70% of the cost goes straight to the government as tax as well, I say it's nothing but daylight robbery.

How much would it cost to fill up a Sol over there?

Top Gear is a show full of british that do nothing but bash American cars, if you've noticed. One of them bought one bad Ford GT during the first few months it was made and still had bugs to it.

The fact of the matter is they can bash an old leaf spring setup all they want but if you take the Z06 to the track with any Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, Audi, Mercedes.. It'll handle with the best of them with it's cromagnum suspension setup. There's no arguing with numbers. They just have to make their little bruised ego feel better, that's all.

Yeah they bash american cars because they have good reason to, they dont compare with what we have over here, there has only been a few examples of cars that can actually compare with cars from other places, and they are from pretty recently. Yeah Clarkson bought the Ford GT, said it spent more time off the road than on the road, I dont think he would have slammed the car intentionally, seeing as how much he loved it before and how much he was going on about it.

Hmm...im gonna ave to look in to the Z06 versus Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo. I really, really cant see it competing with a Ferrari 360 or 430, that just aint gonna happen. seriously, the Ferrari would eat it up and crap it out all over the floor two girls one cup stylee

Edited by seb.james

sorry wannaBstuntin, missed ur post there, yeah it costs £41 ($83) to fill up my sol. It is such a joke, about 70% of the cost goes straight to the government as tax as well, I say it's nothing but daylight robbery.

How much would it cost to fill up a Sol over there?

Yeah they bash american cars because they have good reason to, they dont compare with what we have over here, there has only been a few examples of cars that can actually compare with cars from other places, and they are from pretty recently. Yeah Clarkson bought the Ford GT, said it spent more time off the road than on the road, I dont think he would have slammed the car intentionally, seeing as how much he loved it before and how much he was going on about it.

Hmm...im gonna ave to look in to the Z06 versus Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo. I really, really cant see it competing with a Ferrari 360 or 430, that just aint gonna happen. seriously, the Ferrari would eat it up and crap it out all over the floor two girls one cup stylee

By all means, have at it. It'll outperform the Ferrari in a straight line anytime, the only Ferrari in production that'll take it in a straight line is the Enzo, and who the f*ck can afford one of those?

I won't say it'll take ANY Ferrari in the twisties. But it will damn sure contend, if not be exactly on par. GM actually outdid itself for once with that vehicle.

Edited by busted ls1

ok so u can polish a turd.

so if GM managed to do wonders with the leaf spring set up, why wouldnt they have gone to a spring set up and done wonders with that? surely they would have been able to really compete with the Ferrari then maybe? kicking themselves in the arse by the look of it.

Don't fix what isn't broke. :D

And lol @ you calling a Z06 a turd. This coming from a Del Sol owner.

Edited by busted ls1

right fuk man, del sol aint a turd of a car, ok wow you've gotta integra.

your the man, you really are.

well you certianly seem to think you are anyway on here

Sorry that we don't like our cars to come perfect from factory. That takes away the fun of working on them. And I'll take a "yank tank" over anything you guys make any day. I'd rather not have to always take my car in for a thousand dollar oil change. So I'll take a polished turd thank you.

Wow, this is getting out of hand...

makes me want to play Test Drive Unlimited though...

Filling up a Sol would cost $30 here in CT. Bout the same as my Civic.

I can't picture filling up my tank for the cost of 4 new tires.

i want a subaru. nobody realy argues about them. lol

lol, but id prefer an Evo!

:o :o :o you can fill a sol for 15 dollars? oh my frigging god. Thats insane, seriously didnt think it was that cheap. now i feel even more ripped off by the bastard british government. I could put a long list of expletives here that describe how fked off i am with them! what i'd do to be able to fill up my car for £7.50, when I put petrol in my car, I can have to only put about £10 in, which fills it up to about a quarter, which doesnt really last long. its fuking wrong.

i pay $52 or so a tank for my ranger 17 gallons, and i pay $60 or so for my jeep 20 gallons.

Sorry that we don't like our cars to come perfect from factory. That takes away the fun of working on them. And I'll take a "yank tank" over anything you guys make any day. I'd rather not have to always take my car in for a thousand dollar oil change. So I'll take a polished turd thank you.

Posts like these really make me laugh. So you don't want something with potential? Do you not think that you can mod a Z06 too? 1000 dollar oil change? Here's an idea.......learn how to do an oil change yourself and you can change it for $30.

If you would seriously rather have a del sol over a C6 Z06 then I hope your competing in next year's Special Olympics cause you're a retard.

Edited by HungGSR

I'd rather have a sol. The money it takes to buy a C6 Z06, I could use towards the sol and make it BadAss.

If you would seriously rather have a del sol over a C6 Z06 then I hope your competing in next year's Special Olympics cause you're a retard.

There's a lot of cars I'd rather have then a sol. The vast majority of them are made in this country though.

If I could trade my car in today for a Z06, I would do it in a heartbeat. They have sooooo much more potential than most cars out there today, and it's afforable to too.

i didnt say id rather a sol than a Z06, of course id take the Z06 over the sol, but id take something like a porsche instead of the Z06...

i'd trade my civic anyday for a Lexus IS300 or an M3

you can fill a sol for 15 dollars?

what i'd do to be able to fill up my car for £7.50

No. We could fill a sol with $30 American.

Which would equate to 15 pounds.

$30-35 fills up my Civic which is about 12 gal (~48 liters). I believe a Sol is about 11-12 gal.

So the cost over there for you would be about 15 pounds for 48 liters.

Kegger how much do you pay?

Edited by wannaBstuntin

dude my civic has a 10 or 11 gal tank i remember when i could fill it with a $20