Radiator stop leak

1uzfe

Hi everyone,

Last night my radiator started leaking pretty bad. The radiator had been sealed and the sealant is clearly seen on the top but there is still a little(lot) fluid that leaks once and a while. I want to get a new radiator in 2 weeks (payday) and was planing on getting a Koyo. in the mean time i was checking for stop leak solutions. I found JB weld Permoseal. I know Jb weld is good stuff. I also saw Gunk and others, any suggestions....

On Wikihow i saw that Ground Pepper can fix a leak and even Egg yokes. here's the link: http://www.wikihow.com/Seal-a-Leaking-Radiator Does anyone have expirence using something like this before???

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

PS Koyo radiators are available on etyparts.com for $160 ish

I used radiator stop leak one time, never again. It will stop a leak, but it kills your freeze protection by deteriorating your coolant, restricts the flow through the engine as well as the heater core. It just isn't worth it in the long run.

now i've got a new problem. Last night while driving w/ the heat on everything was fine and the car didn't overheat. but after i turned the heat off the car overheated. this is after driving 3mi letting the car idle for about 10 min then driving back 3mi. on the way back i stopped the heat and the temp shot up. I parked and let it rest for a while, then drove home around the corner. when i got home the car wasn't warmed up yet but the Rpm's shot up to 3000k then down to 700, back and forth. I haven't started the car yet (still dark) and a friend of mine says that it could be a hose but i think it may be the water pump???

Any suggestions. Ps 2.2 F22a6 w/ 135K. i don't think a tune up was ever performed and also was gonna drive to the honda dealer to see what is up.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

car overheated while going to Honda Dealer so i ended up getting a ride and purchased a thermostat. the old thermo wasn't oem so i figured this should do it but the car still overheats and it also does the over rev thing which should end once the car is hot so i will prob clean these two also.

Not having a good time w/ Honda >_<

This is why I support credit cards.

If I need something and know I'll be able to pay for it in less than a month, I charge it to card and earmark the funds to pay the bill. Then I get to have my cake and eat it too.

Glad you got the problem sorted out.

Archived