Uh, Cheesesteaks!

Repsol

In all seriousness. What do you guys think about em'? I couldn't help myself but to make a topic about it since i've been craving one. No..i'm not pregnant.>_<

dont think ive even heard of a cheesesteak before...is it pretty much what airjordan said then?

493202654_f9312cd346.jpg

I like mines with cheese though so here is a better picture. I also like grilled green bell peppers and grilled yellow onions (carmelized):ninja:

phillycheesesteak1.jpg

I was watching food network once and they had a special on cheesesteaks and i forgot where but there was this one place where you had to order it a special way. Compuvision said it right, "whiz with" which i think means "with cheese whiz" if you dont say it right, they send you back to the end of the line...

I was watching food network once and they had a special on cheesesteaks and i forgot where but there was this one place where you had to order it a special way. Compuvision said it right, "whiz with" which i think means "with cheese whiz" if you dont say it right, they send you back to the end of the line...

sounds like the soup nazi

there a lot of good cheese steaks in Philly, but Pats and Genos are the most well known. i prefer Genos over Pats myself. the beef is cut differently and is easier to eat. ive had the whiz, but i like american myself. either place you go, the cheese fries are bangin and along with the cheese steaks, hit the spot perfectly when the bars let out at 2am. the ingredients are good, but what makes them really good is the bread, which is Amoroso's bread. It is divine and isnt found everywhere.

A lot of places are like that. Both Pat's and Geno's you have to be ready to order when you are next in line, if you order wrong, you are tossed in the back. I am guessing it was Geno's on the Food Network. Just guessing, but Geno's loves the publicity. Plus, Geno's was on television for their "imfamous" dispute for "speak english or get out of the country" type deal.

I do know Tony Luke's was on Food Network, they had a challenge to see who could make a better cheesesteak for Philadelphia. I did not see the end, but knowing Philadelphia, Tony Luke's won, because the Food Network made their cheesesteak all fancy dancy.

I like Pat's, because you know their steaks are better, look at what is right across the street and always has half the line of Pat's.

800px-GenosSteaks.jpg

I've been told I make really good cheesesteaks though...

Do 'em up! Hehe.

there a lot of good cheese steaks in Philly, but Pats and Genos are the most well known. i prefer Genos over Pats myself. the beef is cut differently and is easier to eat. ive had the whiz, but i like american myself. either place you go, the cheese fries are bangin and along with the cheese steaks, hit the spot perfectly when the bars let out at 2am. the ingredients are good, but what makes them really good is the bread, which is Amoroso's bread. It is divine and isnt found everywhere.

I tell every person who goes, if it is their first time, to do "whiz." It "is" a Philly cheesesteak, so if you want the experience, do it up. If you don't like it, fine, but atleast try it once so you can say you really had a Philly steak. The fries are awesome, I like Pat's better, like the steaks better, but their fries are killer; when you get to the bottom of the cup, there is so much cheese that you feel sick, that's how it should be! The rolls are amazing as you said! And I love late night cheesesteak runs!

Archived