1998 Honda Accord will not start

highball

I have a 1998 Honda Accord that I recently had the ignition coil changed on. Every time it gets damp outside (rains really hard) it won't start. Has done this as well when it is snowing heavily.The car keeps turning over and over and seems that it does not want to fire. Any suggestions? Could it be the coil again? thanks Highball

is it getting spark? it could be a number of things. could be a fuel issue or spark issue. if it's not gettin spark try a crank position sensor, if it's a fuel issue make sure the pump is kicking on if it is try changing the fuel filter.

is it getting spark? it could be a number of things. could be a fuel issue or spark issue. if it's not gettin spark try a crank position sensor, if it's a fuel issue make sure the pump is kicking on if it is try changing the fuel filter.

i know it is getting fuel because it floods i can smell the gas then i try a few more times turning the key on and off and i can get it to go

If it floods and you can smell gas, your plugs are probably fouled too, I'm not saying that is or isn't your problem. However, they will definately need to be replaced. Replace them, check for spark, then let us know and we will go from there.

Well they say they have the problem fixed we will have to wait and see they were able to make the problem happen for them and they say that the ignition wires where bad soooooooo lets see.By the way i have read the post NO SPARKS!, main relay???by FAMILYCAR sep 13 2004,05:03 does honda really have this much problems on starting issues???????

All cars will have starting issues if you don't replace the plugs and wires once in a while. I'd hardly call it a Honda problem. It is recommended to be done every 100k and inspected every 30k or something...

Archived