Which would you prefer?

TS John

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ew bimmer...the only good German things are their trance music and their hair products!! hahaha...

BAN! (j/p)

Anyway...tTSJohn, have you thought about a 1 series? Supposedly it'll run circles around the 3 series since it'll have the same engine in a smaller, lighter package. Altho, fully loaded, you might as well get a 3 series. lol.

BAN! (j/p)

Anyway...tTSJohn, have you thought about a 1 series? Supposedly it'll run circles around the 3 series since it'll have the same engine in a smaller, lighter package. Altho, fully loaded, you might as well get a 3 series. lol.

plus "3 series" sounds better than "1 series"

people...bimmers are not as great as they make them out to be! lame heavy wagooons...BMW should have just stuck to making turbines or whatever they were building before...haha

and imo the 1 series is WAAAY expensive for what it is...

eeeeewwwwww...hahaha

i've driven my friends' bimmers...i no like! it's always them against me...bmw vs. Honda/Acura...oh and one friend joins me but he likes corvettes more than Honda but still...

now imagine a red gsr with those wheels and a carbon fiber hood :D

according to your original options, tl.

i like the looks of 3 series but there are WAYYY too many 3 series where im at...TOO many. Ive driven a 330 and was not impressed, at all. Ive driven an x5 and loved it. ive driven an m3 and loved it. would i ever own one? no. if i were to buy german, id go with benz but benz also has their downside which i am not going to get into.

in conclusion, tl hands down..and up...and down :thumbsup:

people...bimmers are not as great as they make them out to be! lame heavy wagooons...BMW should have just stuck to making turbines or whatever they were building before...haha

and imo the 1 series is WAAAY expensive for what it is...

Do you realize that the 3 series has taken top in it's class for about 15 years in a row? Heavy wagooons? BMW's are also some of the best performance in their class. BMW makes incredible cars and they beat the competition every year. Pretty impressive. THen......if you want to get into the racing history of BMW's.....

I'd take a 335i hands down.

That's a tough one between S4 and M3 or RS4 vs M3 CSL.

Fixed. TL-S can't even come close to either.

I agree...but disagree. I would put the TL next to a BMW 330 or Audi A4 V6. The Next step up for BMW in three series is the 335 or M3, the next step up for Audi in the four "series" is the S4, the next step up for Acura in the TL "series" is the TL Type-S. There is like a $15,000 price gap at most, but there really aren't too many luxury sports cars inbetween to compare it to. That's just my opinion though. I was just making the point that the Mini Cooper-S should not be in the same thread as a Acura TL Type-S, it's just an unfair advantage. It's like taking a Nissan 240SX next t a Nissan NX; some may choose the NX and swap it for the sleeper status, but majority would go with the 240SX.

A few things in response:

The reason I put the mini cooper in the same thread as the TL is that I'd still save about 7k, which would be enough to complete the build I wanna do of the del sol and then some.

Also, the reason I didn't put the bimmer in is because I know for a fact that I will own one someday, for the exact reason Nate said about how it's top of its class all the time. Thing is, it'll prolly be a 5 series for me by the time I get one, since the 3 series doesn't grab me "personality" wise like the TL and cooper do. That's important to me for some reason.

Do you realize that the 3 series has taken top in it's class for about 15 years in a row? Heavy wagooons? BMW's are also some of the best performance in their class. BMW makes incredible cars and they beat the competition every year. Pretty impressive. THen......if you want to get into the racing history of BMW's.....

well, they are very known and great too but I just have seen things with them (I once saw an x5 drive out and it is a GREAT handling car but then I saw it a few blocks away smoke coming out of it...found out it was some electrical issue (not so uncommon with bimmers) )...and generally don't like the looks either...

talking about the years 2000+...at first I saw a flaw in the setup of the engine...I don't remember what it was but the position they put things was stealing power...to me, the only time that's allowed is if you add a supercharger or something! this from a BMW and everyone thinks they are technologically more advanced in their cars than Honda or many other cars...yes they are many times like the direct-coil ign. that started before Honda did that on their cars...(just in case, I gotta say that I'm not just comparing to Honda...I've driven many and sat in many...the most recent being the z and it wasn't impressive...s2k would take it...again I choose Honda...lol)

another reason...I also live in a place where materialistic everyone and their moms drive bimmers or benz (and this includes my family...so I sometimes drive one too) or Audi's if they dare be any different...lol

and some tried to race against me when I had my si ('07)...haha, I picked which ones but once I beat this guy in an old M3...but then again his weight was taking away a million hp's from the car...and I saw him just recently driving and it's turboed now...lol

and some tried to race against me when I had my si ('07)...haha, I picked which ones but once I beat this guy in an old M3...but then again his weight was taking away a million hp's from the car...and I saw him just recently driving and it's turboed now...lol

The Si runs about a 6.7 0-60, while an older E36 M3 runs a 5.5 0-60. Guy probably couldn't drive it. And 3170lbs is considered heavy? My 4000lb Cadillac is heavy.

Lets not forget the E46 M3 with it's 4.6 0-60 and .08 second shifts :D

Yeah I'm a Bimmer fanboy :ninja:

all I have to say about BMW is "$4000 transmission replacements" bleh

thats what the dealer wanted to replace one in my old bosses 95 540i a few years back.

not sure I would ever own a BMW simply because my whole life I have always held a stereotype of the type of person that would own one, and I never want to be like that: stuck up/pretentious/self centered/so on....

Personally I am a fan of all the Audis (my fav the A3), but that wasn't one of the choices now was it? TL fo sho. Friend had type s, black on black. It was damn nice.

They're great cars. I'm surprised you're not looking into them more seriously, sup, since you sort of are looking at getting a new car, right?

I test drove an E46 M3 not too long ago and it changed my life haha. I made a thread about it awhile back. This February my Cadillac is out of warranty and I'll start getting ready to sell it. If the headgaskets blow on that engine (which they're known for) out of warranty, then I'm royally fawked. If I can get what I want from selling my car instead of getting screwed on trading it in, and if my other funds come in as planned, I'll have a hefty ass down payment.

The Si runs about a 6.7 0-60, while an older E36 M3 runs a 5.5 0-60. Guy probably couldn't drive it. And 3170lbs is considered heavy? My 4000lb Cadillac is heavy.

Lets not forget the E46 M3 with it's 4.6 0-60 and .08 second shifts :D

Yeah I'm a Bimmer fanboy :ninja:

the beauty of races...it's not the same driver ever! the guy didn't know how to drive or wasn't shifting fast enough...and I was redlining...

and yes they are heavy for the wrong reasons...they could be lighter...they could incorporate some of the latest materials research into their cars a little more...plus, who needs warming their a** and almost burning their back (me...I was playing with the heater too much lol) in Cali...it never gets cold enough for that...haha

Archived