Snow pictures -- post 'em up

TS John

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must have gotten about 9 inches Wed/Thurs, then another few last night. I have to dig the Sol out in a little while so I can leave the house tonight. I hate snow.

I dunno what everyone else likes about snow other than the look.

I hate it. Driving sucks.

We went to see I am Legend last night and drove an hour and a half to go to an IMAX theater.

Roads were horrrrrrrible. Ice, snow, water, slush, mud, sand, salt.....just about everything you can imagine was on the damn road.

what's snow again? hahaha...

hehe I'm 20 minutes from the warm beach and ~1 hour from snowy mountains I go to with friends to ski/snowboard...is it just me or does skiing involve less falling? hehehehe

nice pics everyone...must be fun to drive on icy roads :D

hehe I'm 20 minutes from the warm beach and ~1 hour from snowy mountains I go to with friends to ski/snowboard

i feel ya there. except im 5 minutes from a beach and 2 1/2 hours from snowy mountains

see

maphousebeach.jpg

North Florida ACTUALLY had snow last year.

Unfortunately it melted the instant it hit the ground and there was no evidence of it besides that of eye witnesses in various parts of town.

we finally have snow here however it's like 1" so i won't bother posting a picture. however they say we are supposed to get somemore today and christmas day.

rick lives so close but ive never seen him. no snow here, maybe in palomar mt.

and i go to escondido regularly. I have a friend that lives in those new townhome/condos on the corner of 2nd and center city.

palomar mountain probly has a little snow.

what's snow again? hahaha...

hehe I'm 20 minutes from the warm beach and ~1 hour from snowy mountains I go to with friends to ski/snowboard...is it just me or does skiing involve less falling? hehehehe

nice pics everyone...must be fun to drive on icy roads :D

I'm right in the middle of Bear Mountian, Snow Summit, Mountain High, and about 2 hours from the beach. But i'm a desert dweller so ilike the extremes, 110 during the summer, 40's in the winter. we got a little snow that one day it rained non stop for like 2 days, but it didn't stick. Oh and skiing>snowboarding to me, and i've tried both. Snowboarding resulted in a jammed wrist and broken arm, skiing has left me healthy, and i'm better at it.

I'm right in the middle of Bear Mountian, Snow Summit, Mountain High, and about 2 hours from the beach. But i'm a desert dweller so ilike the extremes, 110 during the summer, 40's in the winter. we got a little snow that one day it rained non stop for like 2 days, but it didn't stick. Oh and skiing>snowboarding to me, and i've tried both. Snowboarding resulted in a jammed wrist and broken arm, skiing has left me healthy, and i'm better at it.

thats because skiing is easier than snowboarding.

you should come meet us all at the in n out burger in simi valley tomorrow at noon.

snowboarding felt like having one leg to me...I've done skiing, roller skating, ice skating since a kid so I like using both feet...like using both feet to drive too :D

Rick, pm him...maybe he will get the pm before tomorrow... :D

i got the pm, i can't make it i've got no moneys and its christmas eve so we've got family stuff planned. i really wish i could go though i haven't been in like 2 years. couldn't make it to mammoth with my parents last year cuz of school. studying sucks.

when i tried to snowboard i kept wanting to stick one leg out to catch myself. it really sucked when i did that in a lift line, one leg stayed and the other kept going... those stomp pads don't work for crap. any of you guys ever tried doing mountain patrol, the first aide guys with red jackets with a white cross?

• 2 weeks later...
its never hot, there is no beach unless you drive for about 2 or 3 hours, and even then they aint gonna be great. and snow? most we ever have is about 3 inches, and there aint no mountains to ski down thats for sure.

so it's nice and safe with normal weather?

Archived