hi.

c8l!n

wow stuntin, i'm not driving a bug, thanks for the wheel idea though...haha

does anyone know of a site that will give you a preview of what diff wheels will look like on your car in diff sizes and whatnot? i found one a long time ago and cant find it again, ugh.

what looks good on white cars?? i like silver with machined lip, what about gunmetal? or would that look lame with chrome-housing headlights?? cuz i love the lights i have and plan on keeping them. what about bronze?

i'll keep the short ram then, thank you. i thought cai would not be worth spending $300+ on for my car when i got my intake for free.

okay, so im thinking about the springs being tein or eibach, what about struts??

and as far as the system, anyone have any suggestions? im not trying to lose much trunk space at all. i dont know what brands are better or anything about systems at all for that matter.

and i'll check out the apexi exhaust. thanks so much for the advice and welcomes thus far. i'm so excited to finally get to do this with my car. i have wanted to since i was 8 or something. ooh! one more question for this post, the si lip, yes or no??

oh, and as far as being lucky to be in the AF delsolfreak, its not all that great. I'm in school to become an airborne linguist and its very, well, im not sure what word to use to describe my military experience thus far, but i guess ill just say that the military is not what i thought it would be. we waste so much time and money doing nothing it makes me sick. and they way they "train" us is ridiculous. its like being in second grade. but being a pilot would have been sweet. probably worth all the crap. good luck with owning your own shop someday, owning my own business is my goal too.

honest ly if ur going to do suspesion work just go with coil overs. tirerack.comhas shows rims on the car but they dont have the greatest selection. as for the system, make a custom box that fits on one side of the trunk, if your not looking for alot of bass you can always go with a powered sub. its an amp and sub all in 1! and person ally i dont like bolt on exhaust hits. go with a custom 1 with magnaflow high flow cat and muffler. they give a nive deep tone thats not too loud! they sound really nice. as for the whole military thing, my cuz told me that the air force was boring, but this guy i talked to at a pool hall who was a pilot, said that the airforce was the greatest!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

www.tirerack.com is what you're looking for, like freak said.

I think since your lights are chrome, then a similar color wheel would look good. Silver's fine. I don't think gunmetal or bronze will look good with them.

As for struts, everyone has their own prefs. Some say tokico, and some say Koni, etc, etc. I had Koni yellows and they were great, so check those out.

But like freak said, you might want to just check out getting coilovers (strut and spring together). I'm personally planning on getting the Eibach coilovers.

As for a system, everyone has prefs again, but two of the biggest brands I hear about all the time are Kicker and JL, but there's lots out there. I had Kickers and they were ridiculous.

AS for how loud they are going to be, just check the peak/RMS wattage. Peak is the highest wattage amp you want to power them, but realistically you want something between peak-RMS so you don't blow them.

If you want to conserve space you could get 1 or 2 subs 12" or less and fit them side by side in a box right behind your rear seats in the trunk. Also make sure you have a decent head unit. Are you going to install yourself? What else do you want to find out?

I don't know what the SI lip looks like but I'm not too fond of any body work. If its just a lip, it probably doesn't add too much to the appearance and probably costs a lot of $.

i think i'm going to do some looking and decide between white or silver/machined wheels. i like 5 or 6 spokes best.

as far as the system, its hard to find someone in a store that knows what the hell they are talking about. i want real advice, not what a salesman wants me to buy. i worked retail for 5 plus years and i hate when i ask a question and can tell he doesnt care about what im looking for, as long as he can sell me what looks good for him to have sold, if that makes any sense. and as far as installation, i might do it myself, not sure. ive never done it, and i have heard horror stories of people having someone like best buy or circuit city do it. i installed the intake and the headlights but those are easy and i had seen it done before. my dad was supposed to help me learn this stuff and never did...and now out here in tech school i dont know anyone into this stuff. but i really do want to work on my car myself, not just to save money, but to be able to look at it and say, "i did that" and enjoy it that much more, ya know?

okay, ill keep researching and in the meantime if anyone has any other suggestions, id love to hear them.

oh, and i already have the si lip, its just not painted, or on the car. i thought i might put it on when i get a new front bumper since that would have to get painted anyway. it just looks like what comes stock on the 6th gen si. id have to paint the side skirts too then, to keep the body lines looking right from the side or whatev.

i had 1 12" kicker sub in my civic trunk in a good sized box. this is the same exact setup i had. its with a 650 watt amp and it hit hard enough for my tastes. (this isnt the pic of my car, but its the same exact sub/box/amp that i had)

DSC08469.jpg

Yea, I dnt know about Circuit City, but Best Buy was a horror story for me. I'm just going to say I ended up returning like $2000 worth of stuff to them, and it took a long ass time to even get my money back doing that.

I wouldn't trust them with anything more than a head unit install, if that.

My System

welcome to the forums, caitlin. hope you stick around, most of the female members here are scared away by the leg humpers trying to e-hit it. ill pm you whos cool and whos a douche.

oh, and as far as being lucky to be in the AF delsolfreak, its not all that great. I'm in school to become an airborne linguist and its very, well, im not sure what word to use to describe my military experience thus far, but i guess ill just say that the military is not what i thought it would be. we waste so much time and money doing nothing it makes me sick. and they way they "train" us is ridiculous. its like being in second grade. but being a pilot would have been sweet. probably worth all the crap. good luck with owning your own shop someday, owning my own business is my goal too.

should of gone eod

No don't listen to the guys who've had to many blasts to the head.

You should be a medic. Cuz we rule, and NEVER have hangovers, lol.

haha, yeah but you can cheat your way out of that.

should of gone eod

+1

No don't listen to the guys who've had to many blasts to the head.

You should be a medic. Cuz we rule, and NEVER have hangovers, lol.

blasts to the head eh. What about us that went EOD and EMT?

Archived