insane s2k

airjordan223

It's called 'rice'

not really rice, its just a show car. it was never intended to see pavement except when idling to the trailer. i doubt it was ever tuned or that the f/i was ever even engaged.

it has a few things on it that I dig, like the red c/f center consol, and the phoenix under the hood. the trunk is kind of funky with the sword in it.

I meant "adding the unnecessary weight and then having so much CF at the same time" was rice in general.

but when you say it's a show car that was probably never tuned, isn't that the definition of 'rice'? Everything is done for cosmetic appearance?

In my view it is simply a term for doing something to your car to try and give it an appearance of something that it is not.

In this case this vehicle is obviously a show car where money was not issue, so anything goes.

Rice would be when someone puts body kit on a 15 year old accord and can't afford to have it fitted or painted, or when a 3 foot aluminum spoiler is put on a del sol s, or someone puts type R badges on a DA with cut springs and a kmart chrome muffler.

Definition of R.I.C.E

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. (R.I.C.E.) Parts put on cars to make them look fast, when they have no internal tuning, and are actually slow as hell. Parts usually consist of excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vinyls. Sometimes parts are do-it-yourself installed and are basically duct taped to the car. Most commonly known for being done to Honda Civics, but can also be done to slow domestic vehicles, such as a Chevy Cavalier, etc.

"Yo dog, did you see the Civic that guy was rollin' in? it was so rice."

"This guy's got nothin' under the hood, it's just rice. Smoke him."

"What a riceboy, I bet he thinks his neons add 50 bhp!"

excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vinyls

So as long as the car is fast, it can have above mentioned parts?

4-10 years ago, it was cool. nowadays, its annoying.

this is why i think most of these parts can be considered rice for anything.

if you really take a good look at that list, most of it can be done in a more conservative manner and not be rice

this is why i think most of these parts can be considered rice for anything.

if you really take a good look at that list, most of it can be done in a more conservative manner and not be rice

we have the rice patrol thread as an example of what not to have. and then we have the pictures of most of the regular members cars on this site that is a prime example of whats cool today.

me, i love carbon fiber. love the look of it. i wouldnt mind having a car full of carbon fiber parts and accessories.

• 1 month later...

Just cuz something was expensive doesn't make it good.

That is a very nice show car, though. Not my bag, but if that's your thing thats a prime specimen.

Edit: I know it's old I just don't care.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived