supercharged turbo

BLAZZER

On a totally OT note cause obviously this thread is going to get derailed...I could have sworn Motorex was in California. In fact I had a thread here when I went to Motorex to visit a buddy and took some pics. People were freaking out about the Mickey D's on the Skylines. LOL

And lets get one thing straight: Motorex imported Skylines legally. They went by the book to get those cars documented. What got them was after importing the cars, they kind of hung on to them, delay paperwork, and they'd get "stolen." There's also kidnappings, extortion, assaults with deadly weapons involved. Kind of a sad story...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe there may have been two, in which case. One on each coast. I KNOW there was one in Miami and I know that the one in Miami got caught doing SOMETHING illegally.

Of course, why you ask?

It's in goddamn Miami.. LOL.

haha ok well hungsr i think bassicly i want #3 but with more horsepower so u defftnyl gave me smoething to think about there

pyro all i have is professinals doing it reson im droping taht kind of moeny in to en engine is becasue everyone are haters of civic past a certain point not saying you are but after a certain point people are like "lame" and will go an buy an evo or a charger or with huge moeny a lamborghini now thinkg of it like this imagine a civic roasting a lmborghini that would be sweet i dunno i jsut like civics and ahve never really seen a really good civic if you know waht i mean

rod balancing is were they take the piston rods they shaved and cut and carve them then dip them in to an acid( i can rembber waht it called) but it straghtens there structure( it a type of thing the f1 cars ahve done to them) then once they are acid dipped they are cnc(cut and carved more) so they can be balenced out so the balance is exactly in the middle so its the same structual force moving up and down on the rods

even if that sounds like crap it does exist i never heard of it either untill i started looking at full race engines on courses and there detaileed specs i believe spoon engines in japan does this this is partly why they can achine like a 10-11,000 redline rpm range (but that is jsut a small detail)

and thnx prangy that is much appricated ( oh jsut a side not as well i see how this culd ahve got confusing the 220,000$ is for the entire car ot jsut the engine so interior exterior enginie drive train suspension etc :)

but even though thnx for the help with the turbo/supercharger i needed help with :)

Dude, PLEASE use the spell check. I'm getting a headache from the typo's.

As for the twin charger set up. My MINI customers have been doing this set up for a few years now. Turbo and a supercharger with a larger pulley. They're pushing about 400+ Hp on the 1.6 liter, With more tuning, I know they can hit higher than that. Here a link if you're curious http://www.jscspeed.com/mini/intercooler/a...kit_coopers.htm

when it says capable dude , that means about 100 less , lol. the laws of physics apply in england too , lol. says right in there they give you a big pully to slow down the SC so it doesnt interfere with the turbo.

thats f*cking retarded.... just my opinion

Yeah, i'ts not something I'd do for my MINI. I'm happy with the 207hp my MINI came with. I've talked to a few of the people who have added this kit to theirs, some jut take it back off and sell it and do the other more typical upgrades. Another client of mine got 250hp-280hp-ish without that kit.

i just don't see a point in turbocharging and supercharging an engine. hell by the time you get just the super charger and turbo charger together you'd have about what $3-$4g's in it already

Why don't you just build a high compression NA engine? You won't have the high-end power gains of a turbo, but the power will be there from start to finish. Here's a couple thoughts:

-The balance for efficiency of a supercharger and turbo is extremely hard to calculate- it's no easy feat. VW is working on a turbo/supercharged production car and it's taking a long time- so I suggest, unless you hire the best of the best, don't bother.

-Turbo lag on a K20 is almost non-existant. As someone mentioned, lag is created by using too big a turbo for the engine application.

-1. Superchargers are safer and will allow you engine to live longer. 2. Turbos have more potential, plus they don't rob power to create power, they are more efficient, but they also hurt your engine life.

-Upgrading things like headers, intake, alot of that stuff you mentioned is utterly pointless if you are going for any sort of forced induction. That's common sense... you don't buy headers and an intake when you're eventually going to be putting a downpipe and intercooler/piping on it.

-Read up on high-compression turbo cars... you can't go too high, general principals of physics won't allow it, and even if you have a "reasonably" high compression with a turbo on it... you better run extremely high octane ALL the time, otherwise say goodbye to your crank/rods/pistons and possibly block/head. Not to mention a car like this... they just aren't street-driven... they are pure drag cars.

A thought just popped into my head after reading some more posts. Why don't you do something unique? I know if I had that money- here's what I'd do:

Get a coupe EK Civic (Because I have one (98 Civic EX Coupe)... that's the only reason I chose EK) and:

-Build a firewall behind the driver seat. Pull then engine out of the front. Buy an S2K engine and drop it in the back... make the car rear wheel drive and customize/fabricate everything.

OR

-Rip the front end apart, extend it, and put an S2K engine in it... (00-02 because of the true 9K redline)... and fabricate the front and convert it to a rear wheel drive. Putting it in front would help the weight distribution and keep the front end down when jumping off the line.

• 2 weeks later...
hey all im new to the forums but not new to civics/honda :)

so im doing a k20a-r swap right and well i cant decide what to do a turbo a twin turbo or a supercharger

so i was thinking what would happen if i had a super charger and a turbo (yes it is possible ive seen it done on a sunfire) how good it works im not sure thats why im asking here to see what you guys think of that

casue obivsly with a turbo there is lag if i could some how iliminate that lag with the supercharger and use the turbo for the higher rpm's then im set but would something like that actully work?

( and dont consider moeny an issue when thinking about this)

You can make the supercharger and turbocharger work but it will cost you a lot of money just for the components. A properly sized turbo will be a better choice. Toyota MR2 TRD had a twin charged motor.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived