Help! Engine Swap. Have No Idea.

FWD-RACINGCIVIC

Hey, I just bought this '98 Honda Civic Dx with a 1.6L non-VTEC in it but it is a 5spd and at only $6000CND it seemed like a good deal to me. But god knows I need more power. So my questions are: What Engine(s) can/should I swap into it? and Can it be VTEC? I have enough money for everything I've seen.

Cheers

yes you can swap in an engine with VTEC, common swaps are the b16 or the b18 gsr.

what part of canada are you in? we have a member on here who just swapped in a k20 (rsx type s motor) into his civic

a good motor to swap in would be the b18c1 (gsr). with very few bolt on mods you can expect to have at least a 200hp car. i had one in my civic and it was tons of fun. you cant go wrong with it.

yes you can swap in an engine with VTEC, common swaps are the b16 or the b18 gsr.

what part of canada are you in? we have a member on here who just swapped in a k20 (rsx type s motor) into his civic

I'm From British Columbia I live in Vancouver. Would I be able to put the rsx motor into my civic? I like the sound of the b18c1 if not.

jdmsource.ca and speedtechracing.com are all in canada and are really good

the k20a engine(rsx) are absoulty insane id recomend one of them or a b18c5(i personly liek teh k20 bettehr though)

no u dont dont want an h22 they are freakin heavy and not worth the money a b16 or b18 would be a good way to ( a complete swap from my experince from a shop usally takes 1-2 weeks i guess depdnding on what exactly they need to do)

Archived