catback exhaust?

ducttape2334

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I know im a little late for this post but, why would u want a SRI over a CAI? I mean unless you have a working hood scoop or vents that SRI is just sucking in hot air from your engine bay which is pretty much useless unless you just want to "hear" the intake :dry: . Other than that, i think its safe to say that CAI are better and dont forget the bypass valve

This thread was old and off-topic, but just to respond to you:

1) A CAI does not always make more power than a SRI. It depends on the engine it's working with.

2) Even when it does make more power it often, on Honda engines at least, doesn't make more than 1-2 more hp.

3) If you live in an area with snow and rain then there's always the risk of hydrolocking even if you have the bypass valve. It's just a bit of foam to absorb water -- it's not like it'll do much incase you accidentally drive though a melting snow drift or big puddle.

Basically, it's not worth the worry and bother for some people for the extra 1-2 hps and 10 degree cooler airtemp (this was the average result we got when we tested the temp on my friend's car with the intake as a CAI and then as a SRI).

Archived