Help! Caster out from accident

cmkidd75

I bought a wrecked 93 Del Sol and after putting back together it is pulling hard to the right. I have had it aligned and everything checks out except the Caster. I am 2 degrees off on the passenger front. I have looked at the threads and I am in need of some first hand experience advice. I have alot of time and money tied up and don't want to have this issue permenantly. All I have left to do is an engine swap so I rebuild the one I have in it, Caster adjustment, interior clean up and refurb, and paint. Anybody had a similar issue?

if the alignment shop can't fix that you need to take it to another shop.

All they told me was there was not any caster adjustment. I took it to a standard garage, and not real happy with the service. Just trying to see if anyone knows my options. I guess I should try a collision shop next.

Thanks

Toe and camber are what a shop generally adjusts. Castor is not commonly adjustable on cars, especially not hondas, as far as I know. So they may have been right about that.

Edit: It's possible that I have toe and castor confused here, and it's toe that's not normally adjustable, but I'm pretty sure I'm right about that.

Do any of you know if any of the aftermarket suspension tuning hardware can be used? Even a little would help. Shims, extension plates, longer bolts with washers, anything? Skunk2, SPC, ect......... The passenger tire is pushed back slightly. But my 205/40R17's dont rub at all. All the web pages talk about is Camber adjustments. If they make Camber adjusters then I was hoping one of you guys would have heard of a caster adjuster. I am a noob at this. It's been about 12 years since I picked up a wrench. Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

The unibody is probably not straight from the wreck. This should have been the first thing to be checked before rebuilding a wrecked car. If it is the unibody, there's nothing you can do. Castor is not adjustable on hondas and to my knowledge there are no aftermarket caster adjustments.

Also, Billy is right, bad toe will eat through tires about 10-20 times faster than bad camber. Camber will eat tires alot faster if the toe is out which makes people think the camber is the root of the problem (which it isn't)

hung is right , your car is crooked. but , the good news is , it can be fixed. if you knew which way and how much it was out , you could probably fix it somewhat yourself with a thick tree and a come along , lol. i know that sounds ghetto guys , but thats how its done. car needs to be tugged on strategically in so many words.

absolutely hung. ICAR racks are for just that. theres holes in certain places under the car. they set the rack up for the car they are putting on. and when the car is tied to the rack , if the pins on the rack dont line up with the holes in the chassis , than its not straight. so... , these racks have usually electric come along which can swing full 360 around the entire car. so basically you can pull on the chassis of the car any way you need to to straighten it. the ol thick tree and come along is the way to go though , lol. unless you got money , lol.

Archived