new HP/TQ numbers in..

xxscaxx

that would have been a fun race. what kind of dyno was he on also? i think the dyno i was tuned on reads kinda low. i really couldnt care less about the numbers, the thing drives like an animal.

yes, its scary quick lol. cant wait for meth.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the last shop i went to used those dynapaks....yea they suck

thats what i was tuned on. my tuner told me that they are hard on the tranny (b/c i was worried my clutch was going to start slipping on the street) and he was like if it holds on here you will never have a problem on the street.

hung - i really hope we all get to meet up because out of anyone i want to show you my car the most lol. ill get pics up for you asap. you'll have to mind the dent in my door though...some stupid f*cker kicked my door at school. i hate school sometimes.

hey sca how far up state are you? my family is like 30-45 mins outside of albany.

im like 1hr 45 min from albany. if you took the thruway to exit 16, that where i reside yo.

thats not too bad. i'll have to get ahold of you and the west chester crew in june and try to get a little get-together. it'll be the last time i get to drive the hatch for a while.

thats what i was tuned on. my tuner told me that they are hard on the tranny (b/c i was worried my clutch was going to start slipping on the street) and he was like if it holds on here you will never have a problem on the street.

hung - i really hope we all get to meet up because out of anyone i want to show you my car the most lol. ill get pics up for you asap. you'll have to mind the dent in my door though...some stupid f*cker kicked my door at school. i hate school sometimes.

Thanks man and I can just about guarantee that I want to see your car more than anybody here. Ever since I test drove an STI a couple years ago it's been a dream to own one (someday I will) and yours is the epitome of what I would want.....color scheme and all.

Thanks man and I can just about guarantee that I want to see your car more than anybody here. Ever since I test drove an STI a couple years ago it's been a dream to own one (someday I will) and yours is the epitome of what I would want.....color scheme and all.

you can get used ones for like 15-18 now with low miles

Yeah, I know you can get used ones for a good deal now. I don't have the money now, but when I do get one it will be a used one....hopefully an STI Limited so I won't have to mess with the obnoxious wing and get leather interior, sunroof, etc...

Edit: Or maybe xxscaxx will be looking to sell his in a year or two when I"m looking.....hm.... :)

What system are you planning on running with the alky injection? Or are you gonna piece stuff together and build it yourself?

you gonna up the boost some more once installed, or are you going to leave it alone, and just use it to lower intake temps under peak boost?

EDIT: forgot to comment on the dyno numbers lol.... pretty impressive stuff.

Yeah, I know you can get used ones for a good deal now. I don't have the money now, but when I do get one it will be a used one....hopefully an STI Limited so I won't have to mess with the obnoxious wing and get leather interior, sunroof, etc...

Edit: Or maybe xxscaxx will be looking to sell his in a year or two when I"m looking.....hm.... :)

hahaha, maybe, we will have to see how it plays out. i love the limiteds, but some of them have had problems with the way they come from the factory. they are known to run pretty lean and a lot of people have popped the motors. i think i also remember hearing some throttle issue if i remember correctly. dont know why tbh, but a lot of people go get some kind of EM and then a tune. ill have to find some threads for you. the tranny's gearing is better in them though.

airjordan - i havent seen them that low in price, but they are in the lower 20 range.

pyro - im going to buy a kit, probably either aquamist, SMC, or snowperformance. honestly, ill leave the boost up to my tuner. but i do know that i will have a seperate map for the meth and it will up my WHP/TQ. doing it for the power, but i guess lower temps and whatnot will be another benefit.

oh forgot to also mention, i just bought the roof vane that comes on the 06 and up STi's. (the second wing along the back window). dont know if any of you are going to like it but i honestly love how they look, especially on 05's.

yeah there isnt much, nothing a tune wouldnt fix. im not sure if they fixed it with them, i never really read into it because i dont have one lol.

i also agree hung, that the roof vane looks awesome with a wingless setup. plus, i think they look badass on 05's :D

i cant really do anything about it. it happened during the night when i was sleeping, and of course my school has cameras in all the parking lots EXCEPT the one mine was in. its f*cking ridiculous.

Archived