new HP/TQ numbers in..

xxscaxx

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha, that would be a sight.

little update:

kit is in. fits EXACT, meaning it was a bitch to get it to fit. most of the time you install the uppipe with wastegate first, the turbo, then the downpipe. i had to install the upipe with the wastegate, the downpipe (since the f*cking dumptube didnt line up right when i had the turbo on first) and then the turbo. one of the bolts that hold down the turbo to the uppipe sat right underneath the oil return line so that was annoying too. had to clock the turbo out of the way, tighten it, re-clock it. looks sweet as F*ck though. i am back at school and didnt bring my camera home so i didnt take any pictures. but i am going home this weekend for my birthday so ill snap some pics then.

the front mount piping was also a bitch to fit up to the compressor outlet of the turbo, i still have to adjust it. the hose is bent because its such a tight fit.

invidia N1 is back on, but since there is absolutely NO play in the downpipe since everything fits so snug, the exhaust stcks out a lot past the bumper. im going to order some kartboy extended hangers (again) to help pull it back some, but it wont be much. sucks, but worth it hehe.

catch can also came, didnt get a chance to throw that on yet though. and my GOD, how much bigger the 30r is than the green.

lol, december 6th i get tuned. thats next thursday. i could have went this thursday but i wanted to give myself a little just in case something went wrong with the install. so basically i gave myself time so i couldnt screw myself lol. figures, i called last monday, could have gotten a tune appointment this thursday..and then in the summer i needed to wait months.

definitly man. i'd really like to meet a lot of you guys, i talk more on this board than any other one. i need to take pictures of the scoob tho, so many different things. im still waiting for my jdm rear spats and jdm front lip to be painted...really want that on there.

also forgot to add that i had to take off the intake manifold to do the TGV deletes. wasnt so bad as i thought it would be. it just sucked because the engine wiring harness is attached to it, along with the fuel rails. TGV deletes FTW, better acceleration and flow = better spool :thumbup:

Nice. Good call waiting to get it tuned before you drive it. I always hate how people rush to drive a car they just turbo'd just cuz they're impatient and risk doing damage to their engine.

What are TGV's? Is that similar to the stupid butterfly valves in the GSR IM? What kind of power are you expecting with this new setup. Weren't you in the mid 400's before?

pretty much, Tumbler Generator Valves. there is butterfly valves inside them, getting rid of them allows for quicker throttle and spool, with more horsepower. i honestly should have upgraded my fuel rails when i had my intake manifold off, but i didnt want to shell out another 350 when i have to still pay for the tune again. and i can also do without them, so i just said f it.

i was actually at 360 whp. i would have been higher if i had a different exhaust and i had a cooler day, since it was 85% humidity.

i'll definitly see 400whp. not sure how much higher it will be from that. my tuner is very conservative, so hes not all about numbers.

tsjohn - yeah id f*ck up pretty much everything if i attempted to drive it. i dont even have the base map yet to drive the car. especially since i went to a big maf intake setup and have tgv deletes i wouldnt even be able to go anywhere anyway lol.

Iceah - dont worry, this time i promise videos and pictures. ill take some pictures on friday night when i go home of the turbo and stuff.

everything is in, just am waiting for the map. heres a crappy cell pic i took.

photo5.jpg

ill keep you updated on thursday when i get tuned.

oh, and thanks for not remembering my birthday again, you assh*les.

yep, thursday is the tune date. other than getting the map from my tuner i need to just put back the IC piping on the one side (you can see it missing in the picture) and fix a coolant line. she'll get started up tomorrow night :)

well its hard to remember it when

is in your profile.

yay for tuning! are you gonna use hondata :p

hm, thats odd. could have sworn i had my bday on there.

oh well, you all still are assh*les :heart:

haha hondata tuned with nos

your all going to hate me but i forgot the camera again going to XX tuning. so no dyno videos :laugh:

when i was first on the dyno, the wastegate line closed shut somehow and it boosted to 30psi. even though my clutch slipped, haha, my car made 500wtq!

BUT, of course i cant run my car like that. ill post the dyno sheets up, he printed them out this time and didnt send them to me through email, so i have to scan them.

final numbers:

380WHP/388WTQ

keep in mind my tuner tunes for reliability and to be conservative. he told me he could have had me over 400 but chose to set it back to be easy on the motor. im tuned for 23 psi and god DAMN this thing pulls so hard. im going to go back (again) with methanol injection and he said id be running 440whp all day :D

again sorry about no video, but ill take a video of inside the car and take some pictures of the setup.

and in case your interested, i gained over 30whp and 30 wtq switching to this turbo. and it has a LOT of potential, just the motor is holding me back.

well shat. my ws6 was stronger than that. dude got it dyno'd and all.

dyno (off bottle) - 422rwhp/395rwtq

dyno (on 150shot) - 544.8rwhp/503rwtq.

Would've expected more from the bottle shot but it's a completely built top end so.. Yea.

Nice numbers though, dude. That much power in an STI should be quite f*cking quick.

Archived