Idle Problems, Tried many solutions, none worked.

Rewski

I have a 1997 Accord LX, 2.2 liter (non-vtec...sadly). My idle surges from about 2500 rpm to 3000 rpm when the engine is cold. It surges from about 1000 rpm to 1700 rpm when we engine warms up. It also spazzes out and will stagger between 1000 rpm and about 1250 rpm. I have to shut my engine off and crank it back up to get it to stop that. I changed the IACV (idle air control valve), but that did little to stop the problem. I helped slow the rev down to where it is now, but didn't fix it. Any Ideas?

I have a 1997 Accord LX, 2.2 liter (non-vtec...sadly). My idle surges from about 2500 rpm to 3000 rpm when the engine is cold. It surges from about 1000 rpm to 1700 rpm when we engine warms up. It also spazzes out and will stagger between 1000 rpm and about 1250 rpm. I have to shut my engine off and crank it back up to get it to stop that. I changed the IACV (idle air control valve), but that did little to stop the problem. I helped slow the rev down to where it is now, but didn't fix it. Any Ideas?

could be your Fast Idle Valve. thats what raises the RPMs when starting to get the car warmed up quicker. should be on the throttle body. check all vacuum connections too.

could be your Fast Idle Valve. thats what raises the RPMs when starting to get the car warmed up quicker. should be on the throttle body. check all vacuum connections too.

Cool Thank you. It is really annoying, and almost embarassing when i stop at red lights during rush hour!

Archived