Air Intakes

Fiberman

I am new to the forum and am looking for advise on air intake upgrades. I have a 2006 S2000 with 3500 miles. Has anyone installed a AEM V2 short ram? Have you seen an good improvement in performance and have there been any problems associated with the change. Are there other air intakes that you can recommend.

Thanks

Fiberman

[EDIT]

I don't think the V2 is considered short ram. But anyways, that's what I'm going to get. Haven't had one yet, but I had an AEM cold air before and it was great for performance/sound/mileage.

V2 is supposed to be best of both world as far as CAI/Short Ram.

The V2 has two different size cylinders so it produces additional high-end power (like a CAI) and additional low end power (like a short Ram).

This also creates multiple frequency sound waves which contribute to charging the chamber with more air.

I don't have any experience with these but Injen and K&N are top of the line as well. K&N is supposedly the company that started this field.

i've heard from a few people that s2000's are so well tuned from the factory that most intakes an exhausts will cause you to lose power. something you might want to research. i can't find any specific tests with this intake though. not a whole lot out there for this car

edit:

http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0405...dyno/index.html

check that out. AEM intake is a good choice and looks about the same price as other good intakes i've seen out there. i'd go for it.

Get a J's racing intake ($$$) or get a K&N filter with the stock setup and get the spoon carbon intake duct.

J's Racing

engine.jpg

that looks crazy half the engine bay is just intake. didn't realise how far back the engine sat either.

I Just recently purchased my S2k about two months ago and had this same delema of picking an intake, I got my hands on a mugen intake ( filter and scoop for ram air), and then I wanted to get swap out the floppy stock piping for a hard pipe to help with flow so I actually just went on ebay found a cheap cold air intake and cut it up so it would line right up with the mugen filter, this was my first upgrade to the car and imediatly notice a difference in the upper rpms, I later added a toda header/exhaust and an invidia cat and let me tell you the combo is a N/A orgasm, I mean the car itself is not as powerful as the new forced induction cars but a good N/A car thats almost perfect in stock form like the S2K is about as fun as it gets. When I was looking for the intake piping I even notcied some mugen type filters and scoops knock offs that were extremely cheap compared to my mugen one, so if a budget is in mind that might not be a bad way to go, also my second choice was the ARC Setup Ive heard good news about that!!! But anyway this is my first post here so I hope its helps!!

Just a fair warning on the ARC setup.......I've seen a lot of people talk (and even dyno proof) that the ARC gets heatsoaked pretty bad under normal "real" driving conditions. It's expensive, looks cool, but the AEM made more power on the dyno w/ the hood closed in real conditions (as we know nobody actually drives with the hood up so dynoing a car with the hood up doesn't make much sense.

i've heard from a few people that s2000's are so well tuned from the factory that most intakes an exhausts will cause you to lose power. something you might want to research. i can't find any specific tests with this intake though. not a whole lot out there for this car

edit:

http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0405...dyno/index.html

check that out. AEM intake is a good choice and looks about the same price as other good intakes i've seen out there. i'd go for it.

you see that parts cost!?! $1665.25 for 9 hp and 2 tq.

Archived