more than exhaust tap.

demented6's

Like the headin says it makes a tappin noise somewhere in between the front tires and mid car. I can't find it and its only in gear. The muffler man says its the motor mounts shot vibrating the exhaust, so he said put an engine torque damper on it. I really have no clue but it makes my car sound crapty so i wanna see what you guys think.

I didn't want to create a new Topic for what happened tonight, but coming home tonight i hear a pop. sounded like the altnator fell off. I didn't care cuz it was a long walk home. i got home to realize that my altnator belt came off, power steering belt, and the ac belt came off. Does anyone have a clue what happen, cuz i'm lost. Another thing my timing belt is being rubbed by the timing belt cover. so can i take it completly off?

Ok i look this morning with the sun light instead of the street light. I noticed the timing belt falling off. If the cover wasn't there it prob would came off. The harmonic balancer/crankshaft pully. Shot off the car. have no clue where it went, the bolt the key,and the washer gone. The pully is a dealership item. So, I prob come out better at spending a 100 dollars and get the aftermarket one but leaves the fact of where do i get the bolt, and the washer? And anyone know how it could shot off? We torgue it down to the right specs. How bout any problems from this happening? I've read a post sayin someone else's shot off and didn't do no damage but they was by there house when it happened and found everything.

They should have bolts and washers at the dealership. They'll be overpriced but you kind of need them.

Why is all this happening to your engine? Did someone else (ie other than Honda) rebuild it and not do it right or what? It shouldn't happen that all your belts just pop off...

Well the belts popped of due to the harmonic balancer coming off. Which when we put the new belts on the balancer had a chip in it and the key was kinda stripped so, we put it on a little tighter. Who ever had the car before me was a re re. I don't have no belt tensioners on the powersteering, or the ac compresser. Like the block is a d16z6 the head is a 1.5l non vtec, so i have no clue what the guy was thinking. So, aslong i get the car running again. I'm gonna save up and by a new powersteering bracket take the ac off, buy a vtec head, and get the car where u can at least put new belts on without wedge them on and be able to adjust them. I just want to know whats some things to look for. since i had the harmonic balance pop off.

Archived