should i get this strut bar?

airjordan223

saw it on nanceroos car and really liked it. just did a quick photoshop onto my car just to see what it would look like. just not sure about all the red or not. and dont worry about that red H on the valve cover, i sanded down all of that so its silver now

strutbar.jpg

it doesn't look too bad. as long as you could two tone or cordinate the engine bay.

Edit: I'd go with black or silver instead of red. there is just waaay to much red in there.

yea, this ties into my discussion with nancy.

in your sol, it looks like there's too much red going on, but red just stands out because the only red is the body paint and the intake

i'd say go with polished or silver if you can find it, or black, otherwise red is fine for 3rd choice

i think you should get it. or buy my carbing bar =). or get both and you can set it up like this...

the ctr, itr, sirII, gsr strut bars can be used with carbing bars like this. looks sick.

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

edit: does your del sol have the bolts for the strut bar or do you have to drill them out?

It doesnt have the studs, but it should have little holes with a rubber plug in them. You just take out the rubber plug and put your own bolts through the bottom of the holes. Thats what I had to do at least.

I wish I could afford your carbing bar. That thing is awesome.

What is the carbing bar? Is it just an extra upper strut bar or does it do something else?

Nancy, you should comment in my "Dream Suspension Package" thread in the del sol section. I'd be interested in your input since you seem to know a lot about chassis reinforcement.

so does anyone know if you can get this in black? i tried searching but they come powdercoated in red and i dont want to sand that down

eh6tunerdan, dont you have and OEM del sol strut bar in black? whered you get that?

high temp rattle can will fix your red>black problem.... and you would still have the powder coated texture.

are you sure? i resprayed inside the H emblem on my valve cover because it was starting to flake, and all the texture smoothed out

Archived