engine noise

95exd16z6

so when im out and about drivin my car, the engine likes to make a ratling sound that sounds like something in the bottom end is loose. it doesnt do it when im accelerating really gently, but from like 1/3 throttle and up it seems like it always makes the noise. it also doesnt start happening at a certain rpm, just whenever ythe throttle is at 1/3 way down, which i found wierd. i think it might be sumthin like a rod bearing but idk. tell me what u guys think. hopefully at some poiint im gona pull the pann and take a look at all the rods and bearings.

so when im out and about drivin my car, the engine likes to make a ratling sound that sounds like something in the bottom end is loose. it doesnt do it when im accelerating really gently, but from like 1/3 throttle and up it seems like it always makes the noise. it also doesnt start happening at a certain rpm, just whenever ythe throttle is at 1/3 way down, which i found wierd. i think it might be sumthin like a rod bearing but idk. tell me what u guys think. hopefully at some poiint im gona pull the pann and take a look at all the rods and bearings.

similar thing happened to me where i would get this rattling loudest on idle and low revs.. turned out my ac belt pulley popped off and the tensioner was just aimlessly rattling about

DO NOT RUN THE CAR ANYMORE. it amazes me how people can hear something like that , and keep driving it. if it is rod bearing/s gone and bottom knock , your engine is done. youl need a crank , and at least one rod.

unfortunately not driving the car isnt an option, as bad as that sounds. i have another engine that im rebuilding for the car to, so as soon as i get that one done its goin back in the car. the other thing is that idk for sure if its a top end knock, a bootom end knock, a valve tick, which is what it sounds like it could be. im not losin ne power, its just the ticking.

well , most times , once they start knocking , they dont last much longer , given the fact yours has , id say maybe its somin else. maybe , lol. just putting a new timing belt on , makes them run alot smoother man. valve adjustment.

EBP , would need more details on symptoms.

Cranny, I'm gonna have to ask you about valve adjustment and all that sometime soon. Not like my engine is doing anything wrong -- it only has 42k on it -- but I want it to run like brand new...

Had the same problem with my b18b... only hear it when i got on it, well, with in three days it wouldnt run. Turned out to be a rod slipped a bearing. Just my input. Good luck with it staying running.

Archived