wiring harness

91sivic

I have a '91 civic SI with a d16y8 in it. It was like that when I got it wich was'nt a problem but, what is a problem is that the wiring harness is kinda chopped up. The wiring harness (I think) is original to the car. And it has a '91 CRX computer. Is this a problem? Should I replace the harness and ECU or patch up the one that is in it? It is repairable. Also, I'm not sure the VTEC is wired properly. It only has one wire running to it. Is that correct? Help please.

Oh, and one more thing, does any one know the correct bolt size for the front transmission mount? Is it the same as the other engine mount bolts?

if your running a 91 crx ecu , than you dont have to worry about vtec , cause that ecu wont run it. tranny mounts are typically 17mm , and 19mm bolts.

So, the CRX ecu won't let it kick in? Even if its an SI ecu? So, will the wiring harness I have plug in to a d16y8 ecu, or should I just get a whole new harness and ecu? I don't know much about Honda compatibilty.

91 and older civic si's didn't have vtec. if you want the vtec to engage then you need a 96+ ex computer or a 92+ ex/si computer.

oh....I thought they were vtec. So, do you know where I can get a good wiring harness and ecu?

should be realy easy to get one out of a junk yard. i know a couple in upstate NY have a ton of EF civics in there and alot of them are because of blown up motors or were rearended

should be realy easy to get one out of a junk yard. i know a couple in upstate NY have a ton of EF civics in there and alot of them are because of blown up motors or were rearended

Well, I live in Clinton TN, and its relatively hard to find on. I was just wondering if there was a site or something. I have'nt had much luck with ebay.

Archived