Civic 98 Headlights / Tail Lights Recommendations

RebelChrome

Hello,

I got a Civic 98 Sedan LX and I haven't done any modifications yet. I would like to start with the headlights and tail lights since I noticed that my lights are not as bright as the newer models. I have searched on the web and got two brands that caught my eyes for the headlights: Replacement and Anzo. For the Tail Lights I also found Anzo. I seem to like the black trim better but my questions are: are these easy to install? Can I do it myself? Which type gives really good light? Would you recomment any the above brands or maybe mention a differnt one? Do I need to align the headlights?

Thank you very much for your help!

RebelChrome

Just sayin u want bright headlights do a hid conversion. The good ones carry installion sheets. Taillights I would keep the oem. Up to you though Anzo is a great company.

A website that tells u what ya buyin and how easy of the install.

http://www.procivic.com/pages-main_pg/cate...1/exterior.html

Demented6, thanks for your suggestion. I will check that link and may come back later posting the headlights I like. I do like the Anzo products but it is all new to me so I just wanted to double check with folks that may have gone through this already.

just get the 99-00 OEM tails cause they do look better than the 96-98 ones.

and for the headlights just get SiR's or type-r's.

tail lights are easy to install, only a few nuts holding them on, and the fronts are easy as well, just have to take the front bumper off.

@Demented6: After re-reading your comment and browsing some on the web I have this question: When you say 'do a hid conversion', do you mean to keep the current headlights and replace the internal components to get brigther light? Or do I still new to get projection headlights and then use the hid conversion? I am a bit confused now. I have read in some posts that hid conversion with no projectors will spread the light beam. As for the tail lights I still like the black Anzo ones though I wonder if they are bright enough for other people to see when I am driving or when the car is parked, especially at night. Thanks for your info by the way!

@adamEj6: I thought the 99 tail lights were different in size than the 96-98. All web sites offer them in separate groups. When you suggest 99 tail you also mean some kind of modifications to make them fit? As for the headlights if you could please provide more information on SiR's or type-r's. Thanks!

yea, get you some aftermarket projectors, that will project the hid lights. Get the 10k. most expensive but the brightest. I had them on my ford and they kicked ass. I have some anzo aftermarket taillights they aren't smoked, just black housing. I can see them far off. Angel eyes or just for a look, so they are different from projectors.

@Demented6: After re-reading your comment and browsing some on the web I have this question: When you say 'do a hid conversion', do you mean to keep the current headlights and replace the internal components to get brigther light? Or do I still new to get projection headlights and then use the hid conversion? I am a bit confused now. I have read in some posts that hid conversion with no projectors will spread the light beam. As for the tail lights I still like the black Anzo ones though I wonder if they are bright enough for other people to see when I am driving or when the car is parked, especially at night. Thanks for your info by the way!

@adamEj6: I thought the 99 tail lights were different in size than the 96-98. All web sites offer them in separate groups. When you suggest 99 tail you also mean some kind of modifications to make them fit? As for the headlights if you could please provide more information on SiR's or type-r's. Thanks!

Now, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only differences in the 96-98 and the 99 are cosmetic, not size.

hahaha, I just realized that I have a 97 Civic, with 00 SI tails, so yeah, they will work. The only reason I didn't know was because I bought the car with them already installed.

Archived