OEM Honda or ACL bearings??

Should I go with OEM Honda or ACL main bearings? I will most likely be using OEM GSR crank and b16 pistons. I can find ACL's all over the place, but cant find a price on OEM ones (just started looking for them about 10 mins ago....lol). More than likely will also be getting ARP main studs since the guy that sold me my block decided to leave four of them out. He did send me the main caps and girdle though.

So yeah, ACL or OEM?

Edit: Changed AEBS to ARP because I found a set, and trust those more.

Should I go with OEM Honda or ACL main bearings? I will most likely be using OEM GSR crank and b16 pistons. I can find ACL's all over the place, but cant find a price on OEM ones (just started looking for them about 10 mins ago....lol). More than likely will also be getting ARP main studs since the guy that sold me my block decided to leave four of them out. He did send me the main caps and girdle though.

So yeah, ACL or OEM?

Edit: Changed AEBS to ARP because I found a set, and trust those more.

I suggest you use either the oem honda bearings or king race bearings, I have the kings in my ls and the work amazing and I haven't heard a bad thing about them race engineering should have them in stock.

• 2 weeks later...

OEM for sure if its just a rebuild , or mild bump. to elaborate for you EH , the guys at nova auto works(where i get my machine work done)told me that they are BI metal bearings and he wouldnt use them if someone paid him. says his shop used to sell and use them , like alot of others , and they just had too many problems arise because of them. thats why its all clevite you see me use nowadays. they swear by them. now , recently , ive seen ACL RACE bearings around ebay and different sites , ive never seen these before in person , but it looks like they stepped it up some. alot of guys use these with success so , hard to argue with that. comes down to personal preference i guess. stick with OEM , you cant go wrong.

Archived