so im a big playstation fan but ive been lookin into xbox so basically i could play halo. so i found one, like new condition, 2 wireless controllers and madden 08 for 275. its the premium one, whatever that means. anyone care to explain the differences of the 360s out there and what premium is?

If you don't plan on keeping your PS2, then get the 80gb.

Core 360 is fine (for an Xbox :p), but they don't make it anymore, it's been replaced with the Arcade bundle. It seems like a pretty fair asking price, as long as it's still working lol.

Or the 60GB PS3...if you can still find them. I know a couple of them have been sitting on the shelves around here and I'm on the verge of just picking one up (but I really want a new TV). Your PS2 library won't mean jack with a 40GB.

Premium used for $275 or Arcade new for around $275. If you get the used Xbox, I'd look into a warranty (if it's available) since the reliability of the 360 has been debated to death (especially old ones...) It's always better to be safe than sorry.

Or the 60GB PS3...if you can still find them. I know a couple of them have been sitting on the shelves around here and I'm on the verge of just picking one up (but I really want a new TV). Your PS2 library won't mean jack with a 40GB.

Premium used for $275 or Arcade new for around $275. If you get the used Xbox, I'd look into a warranty (if it's available) since the reliability of the 360 has been debated to death (especially old ones...) It's always better to be safe than sorry.

When I was looking a couple of weeks ago, walmart.com had the 60gb w/ 1 free game and I think the Blu-Ray remote for $499 (+ tax and shipping). bestbuy.com had it with the free BR remote (I think, might have been a controller). I ended up with the 80gb from Amazon to save the $40-50 on tax (plus, free shipping is always nice).

what do you mean the ps2 games wont mean anything?

40gb has no backwards compatibility.

80gb has limited, but I checked the titles that I have and they have few if any problems on it (checked online). I have yet to try one of them out in the console. However, it updated to 2.0 last night and I read today that there are issues with GT4 now after the update. I don't know if this is common or not, haven't tried it.

Xbox 360's

Core: Solely a core xbox, no hardrive included---but you can purchase a 20 or 120GB one for it. wire controller, wired headset (im not even sure if it comes with a headset lol)

Premium: Wireless controller, blinb bling silver gametray lol, wired headset, plus you get xbox arcade games on your hardrive right away

Halo 3 version: exactly the same as the Premium but the color is an olive/ army green in color and the controller is green as well

Elite: Comes with a 120GB hardrive, some free games on the hardrive, wireless controller, wired black headset, black controller. (This is worth the 499 or 475 they are selling it for but are rare to find since they are 120GB & Black)

All in all if you get a premium one you'll be fine, dont get all into the hype of having so much memory...who cares, your not using your xbox or ps3 to store any mass media...and if you are you really need to invest in a computer lol

I'm glad I can both for cheap hahaha I love my discounts....It's probably the only reason I stay at my job, but I'd said go with the 360. More games, better Online. But then again most of the good games coming out are multi-platform. If you want a Blu-ray go with the PS3. and you can find a 100 HD DVD player.

Archived