Ecu

newkidwithsol

First off, if I were to get another ecu, what ecu would i get for my 93 del sol with a B18B1 non-vtec? Is there a such thing as race ecu or is it just chipped? I seen some ecu s that would change redline to like 9000 rpm or 12000 rpm... to me that just sounds scary but i guess if you have the right internals then ur ok...

Those stock ecus that work with a certain motor but slightly change the characteristics aren't really for heavily modded applications I think. My understanding is they're more of a quick fix when you slightly change some standard things in a motor. Since you're planning on building the engine fully with different components I think you need a stock ECU for that engine that's properly tuned with something like AEM EMS or Hondata.

Someone else can feel free to correct that since I don't really know much about tuning.