my civic

civicswap

i just baught a civic with headers intake full exhaust and an engine swap

its a 94 hatch with a 99 integra gsr b18\

should i turbo it or do something different i want a fast car

i measured out a 1/4 mile on this straight road and had a friend with a timer time it and it was around a 13 flat

idk if its legit tho cuz like im not sure if it should be that fast

i only paid 2 grand for the car

get the motor built and start from there... stay all motor untill there is nuthing left to do... unless you want to spend a whole bunch of money on a turbo and end up blowin your crap and then be really fracked. so started with the block and head and then work your way to air/fuel then the exhaust and then turbo charge it... and then when you have absolutely nuthing else to do to it... throw nitrous on it and start all over.

Lol, I dont believe I have ever seen a Civic beat a Camaro... I have seen a turbo/intercooled Civic pull on a V6 Beretta Camaro, but never a 305 or 350 Camaro. Even a Civic with all the mods and stickers in the world and little 50 shot of nitrous would not be able to pull on a lightly modded LS1.

And the minivan isnt my only car BTW, I have a 66 Mustang in progress, all the paint and body work is done and so is the 4v 351 cleveland motor is done, I just need to start putting it all back together (probly next spring). But for now, I cant brag and say I have a beastly muscle car so I am stuck with a minivan. But the 66 will be a lightly modded drag car (heads, intake, headers, carb, C4 auto trans, 8.8" rear-end 3.73 gears, 4-link, trailing arms, 4 wheel disk brakes, and a few little drag goodies such as some nittos and line locks)

But yeah I hope to get it running by the beggining of summer. It will literally be a rice eating machine.

I also have a Nissan 240 that needs a motor. Most likely be a twin turbo but that is a long way down the road.

start with more basic mods. Intake manifold, throttle body, cams.

i had a civic coupe with a gsr swap and a skunk2 IM, 66mm tb, header, exhaust, aem cai, as well as adjustable cam gears and i had no problems when it came to turning a few heads and pissing off some domestic owners at the track.

riceinrearview, if youre here to bash imports, then leave. there are plenty of modded imports such as civics that spank the crap out of camaros, or even modded ls1s. youtube it. you will see plenty of hondas pulling on cars like lambos, corvettes, evos, ect. and of course, you will see a bunch of ricers trying to race with barely any mods on their cars getting pwnd by domestics.

both sides of the tuner world (import/domestic) have their beasts and pansies.

Edited by rbolander

Lol, I dont believe I have ever seen a Civic beat a Camaro... I have seen a turbo/intercooled Civic pull on a V6 Beretta Camaro, but never a 305 or 350 Camaro. Even a Civic with all the mods and stickers in the world and little 50 shot of nitrous would not be able to pull on a lightly modded LS1.

And the minivan isnt my only car BTW, I have a 66 Mustang in progress, all the paint and body work is done and so is the 4v 351 cleveland motor is done, I just need to start putting it all back together (probly next spring). But for now, I cant brag and say I have a beastly muscle car so I am stuck with a minivan. But the 66 will be a lightly modded drag car (heads, intake, headers, carb, C4 auto trans, 8.8" rear-end 3.73 gears, 4-link, trailing arms, 4 wheel disk brakes, and a few little drag goodies such as some nittos and line locks)

But yeah I hope to get it running by the beggining of summer. It will literally be a rice eating machine.

I also have a Nissan 240 that needs a motor. Most likely be a twin turbo but that is a long way down the road.

Oh really? Is that why there is evidence of a i/h/e k20 civic running right beside an h/c/i LS1 Camaro ss on youtube?

Yea. Quit typing while you're ahead. There is ALWAYS a faster car. I had an 11 second (EASILY) WS6 Trans Am that I wouldn't DARE try running my cousin's 500+WHP Integra with from any form of roll/dig, unless it was at a track where I could get away with using slicks.

Edited by busted ls1