I NEED HELP BADDD!!!!

Type R SI

ok.. ive never done a swap in my life, as much as i want 2 :sad: (dont kno enough yet). i have a 1999 civic si n i bought a COMPLETE JDM B18c5 with almost 30k miles on everything: engine, tranny, ecu, and wire harnes. me n a couple of my friends got the c5 in the si, bolted down n everything but i didnt use the JDM wire harness. i used the USDM SI wire harness. we tried starting the car with the Type R ecu n it wouldnt got...the engine was turning but there was no fire. thinking it might have been a distributer problem, we swapped the distributer with the b16a distributer. after that we went 2 start it and the same thing, engine turning but no fire. so we swapped the ecu's(put the si ecu back in). we went 2 start it up and it turned and fired n started shortly after we got the fireing order correct :p . it idled fine and when we gave it light throttle 2 rev it up it was ok. but when we gave it heavy gas it would die. so we swapped throtle bodys, determening that was the problem, which eliminated that problem. it starts up good n runs decent now but its not running the way it should be 'cause its running on the SI ecu which is the only ecu between the 2 that it would start with. my question is, is the Type R ecu not workin because im using the USDM wire harness. or is it just a defective ECU. or do i need a Type R main relay 2 get it 2 work or does that even matter??? i think its because of the wire harness but im not sure n its driven me crazy because i jus wanna kno wuts goin on so i can finally go driving again..lol sumone please help me.

sencerily,

Rob

• 1 month later...
US ITR ECU's have immobilizers. That could be the problem (I don't know how they work).

What codes is it throwing?

I believe that it doesn't have the immobilizer on it. Please verify the plugs on both ecus are the same as the OBDIIA and OBD!!B have one different plug. I have installed a setup like this already and I had to purchase a jumper harness from locash racing to make it work. Hope that helps

the plugs are the same dude , the pinouts are totally different. you needed a jumper cause of the pinout difference , not the plugs themselves.

immobiliser works like this SSR , if your interested. the keys have an RFID chip in them. on the tumbler there is an immobiliser box that picks up this RFID from the key and turns it into a voltage signal. this lets the ecu know if the proper programmed key is in the slot. if its not the right key , the car will just turn over all day , no fire or fuel.

the plugs are the same dude , the pinouts are totally different. you needed a jumper cause of the pinout difference , not the plugs themselves.

immobiliser works like this SSR , if your interested. the keys have an RFID chip in them. on the tumbler there is an immobiliser box that picks up this RFID from the key and turns it into a voltage signal. this lets the ecu know if the proper programmed key is in the slot. if its not the right key , the car will just turn over all day , no fire or fuel.

the plugs are different making the pins different. two plugs are the same but one is different on the car that what the computer is requiring. Thats the reason they make a jumper for OBDIIA to OBDIIB and vise versa. Go to locashracing.com and check it out. I already know how the immobilizer works. I been a certified Honda tech for 10 years. It is not new to me

OBD2A plugs will plug into an OBD2B ecu. they make a jumper cause the pinouts are different , thats it. you being a honda tech for 10 years means fuk all to me , cause most of the guys i know that work at honda or have worked at honda , dont even know the engine codes so.

OBD2A plugs will plug into an OBD2B ecu. they make a jumper cause the pinouts are different , thats it. you being a honda tech for 10 years means fuk all to me , cause most of the guys i know that work at honda or have worked at honda , dont even know the engine codes so.

really now. It's funny about the comment you made as it's sometimes true. But I will tell you this there is a difference with the plugs. They will plug in but on one of the plugs will plug into the computer that has no pins protruding out of it. Coming from experience with this swap that's what I have done and it worked. The thing that sucks is that people work at dealerships are usually hired because you automotive experience and some cause they know someone. To make money in the automotive industry you need to specialize in a brand of car. that's money. Me being a honda technician doesn't mean that I know everything that there is to know about honda where I still run into vehicles with intermitted problems that take time to fix. A good mechanic should be able to work on any vehicle, not just honda and I have worked on many vehicles. As far as the codes go, It's great that some people can remember the codes by heart as that's probably the code they always get when they do swaps in there vehicles. The situation I presented about the plug also reflects on the sohc OBDII cars. Honda used two different sets of plug combinations on those years. If no one believes, grab a 96 ecu from a honda and get one from 99. You will see the difference. also grab a 00 si ecu and a 97 integra ecu. Thats the issue I pointed out. I've worked my ass off to get the knowledge and credentials in the automotive industries to get to where I'm at. So when I say I'm a tech, im not just a mechanic off the street, I have my ASE cretications to prove it. I also have my smog certification and a/c. I am not one of those people you refered too but I know what you are talking about.

Archived