Took my wifes minivan to the track

RiceInRearview

I got a 15.9 at 88mph 1/4 mile. (best time)

My first race was just with some truck I just wanted to see what times I got... after that I got a 16.1 I noticed a bunch of guys in Civics and stuff where challenging me. I was like why? Jeeze, I come to the track to have fun but some people where very rude and where snickering and laughing, mainly guys in imports. But I raced a few of those guys and beat all but one and I thought it was quite funny that I saw them in my rear view in a minivan. I used to have a 93 SVT Cobra a few years back that was plenty fast and I used to race it alot back in the day, and I did the road courses also. The car handled incredible. I wanna get another one but wife wont let me.

I never was one to start races on the streets, mainly imports at lights revving there engines at me... why? I would ease on the gas and pull on them hard. But when I come to a light with another Mustang, we wave at eachother and go about our business.

But the guys in the Hondas are always out for a challenge and it gets really annoying. In the Cobra I might play with them a bit and hit the throttle in some spots or when we have room I would do a pull... but this never fails.... I beat them and then I slow down and they go flyin by, I was told that is called a ricer flyby :sleep2:

But yeah, all I got challenges from was imports... why would they challenge a minivan first of all? Does it make them feel fast? Lol

(note: sorry to mods if this is in wrong section, if there is a street/strip section go ahead and move it)

Quite a shame you never had an '03 or '04 Cobra humble your awesomely rare '93 Cobra.

God I'd love that blown 4.6 setup in the '93 Cobra.

It's been done. And it hauls.

Quite a shame you never had an '03 or '04 Cobra humble your awesomely rare '93 Cobra.

God I'd love that blown 4.6 setup in the '93 Cobra.

It's been done. And it hauls.

My Cobra had a aggresive cam, intake, ported head, headers, and a full 3" exhaust with some stinger mufflers on there... god I loved the sound.

And yes I thought it was funny that the van was woopin on these little cars, but why do they challenge me? If I brought a camera there and recorded the whole time you see all these little 17yr old kids in civics dressed like gangsters roll up in there rice mobile tellin me he wants to race...

Trust me man, your civic isnt fast. I dont care what you have done to it.... its not fast.

The cobra was in the mid 12's with D/R on.

But with my stock suspension and street tires it was mid-high 13's.

I have my time slips somewhere and i can maybe look for em to tell you the exact time and my 60' times.

• 3 weeks later...
My Cobra had a aggresive cam, intake, ported head, headers, and a full 3" exhaust with some stinger mufflers on there... god I loved the sound.

And yes I thought it was funny that the van was woopin on these little cars, but why do they challenge me? If I brought a camera there and recorded the whole time you see all these little 17yr old kids in civics dressed like gangsters roll up in there rice mobile tellin me he wants to race...

You're answer is right there- "17yr old kids" no offense to anyone of or around that age, I'm only 22 myself. But beyond that- the reason you don't see guys in Mustangs wanting to race is because they're car is already at 50k miles and they know the engine doesn't have much life left... so they can't race, if they do, their "elite" Ford will crash and burn, ha ha.

Honestly though- I'm pretty sure you'll see a lot more young kids/teens (who want to race) driving cars like civics as opposed to a mustang(little higher age group, more maturity)- just because of the price difference, the imports or "ricers" (if you want to call 'em that) are cheaper and easier to get.

I can't believe I missed him saying a f*cking 5.0L Cobra was running mid 12's on d/r's with as minimal modification as it had.

I know enough about Ford to know that he's full of sh*t.

One -- they don't make a dual exhaust setup, 3" piping both ways to my knowledge, if they did it'd be for a turbo setup and damn sure not for something as weak as a pushrod 302 with GARBAGE heads regardless of a port polishing or not. Stock 5.0 heads are pathetic, even with a port.

I don't care what you say, you'll be hard pressed to run mid 12's on a cammed factory bottom ended 5.0.

Edelbrock may be one thing, but you aren't gonna' gain power unless you go with as stated, Edelbrock, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge or some form of other heads.

GT40's don't get it and stockers f*cking blow.

Archived