GSR swapped del sol

gabeeb

I'm looking at buying a dude's 96 del sol that he swapped a b18 GSR from a wrecked integra. I haven't gone out to see/drive it yet, so I'm asking for help with knowing what sort of swap-specific problems to look for that a badly done swap might entail. Basically I want to avoid someone else's headache.

• 2 weeks later...

yea, that and i have swapped my jdm b18c into my del sol myself. Really not that much to go terribly wrong with it it bolts in with the tactory gsr mounts and witing from the original harness works as well with a few small changes as long as tis an obd2 into an obd2 or obd1 into obd1 and so on. i'd just check over all the coolant lines, power steering lines, main mounts, yada yada... just make sure nothing was left hanging, or without bolts/clamps/nuts/brackes, all that. only other thing is check the connection between the header(or manifold) and the cat if it has onw, or the catback... just because mine didnt line up perfectly, so see how that part was taken care of, and also if they did not do a brake upgrade(i did gsr brake upgrade and stainless steel lines) i would look into doing that if you buy it.

The only problem my friends Del Sol has with it's GSR set up, is throwing rod bearings and snapping the timing belt. It's done it about three times now. I honestly believe the car is suicidal. It made me skeptical to drop the GSR I have sitting in my garage, into my sol. Beware of the Del Sol bad luck streak.

lol? where did that come from?

Just didn't want her to get the wrong idea from my post about how it'd be cool if a girl had a white GSR swapped sol. I mean, it would be cool if a guy had it. But way cooler if a girl did.

Archived