NA - piston ratio

Currpt_God

MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PISTON TO VALVE CLEAREANCE IS GOOD BECAUSE VERY EASILY CAN YOU STRIKE THAT VALVE WITH HIGH COMPRESSION. ALSO DON'T MISS A GEAR BIG GUY PRO3 AND HIGH COMPRESSION EASY TO BLOW IT GOOD LUCK.

so do you guys think that i should stick to the pro 2? or just go with the pro 3? and which do you guys think would be a better ratio... the 12 - 1 or the 13 - 1 in either a aries or wisco pistons and eagle rods?

First of all I would like to apologize for having the caps on! Anyways I am using Pro 2 with 12to1! Its great idle is a little inconvinient but if you want to make some more power use the Pro 3 I am sure that they are beastly but you will have to give up some driving comfort for them. As for compression the more the better but fuel becomes a major part in it and realiability becomes a ?. Everyday driving with 13 to 1 or more no going to happen.

First of all I would like to apologize for having the caps on! Anyways I am using Pro 2 with 12to1! Its great idle is a little inconvinient but if you want to make some more power use the Pro 3 I am sure that they are beastly but you will have to give up some driving comfort for them. As for compression the more the better but fuel becomes a major part in it and realiability becomes a ?. Everyday driving with 13 to 1 or more no going to happen.

talk like yoda you do

Agreed, don't go above 12.1:1 on a DD. You'll have to run race gas or alcohol injection to be worth a damn above that. Personally I'd say 11.5-12.0 to 1 is gonna be your best bet.

11.5:1 w/stage 2 = more reliable , still fast

12.5:1 w/stage3 = little less user friendly but in reality , it will start every time you turn the key too , lol , and it will be faster , lol.

if your gonna go 12:1 , mine as well go 12.5:1.

torque comes from displacement , period. so upping your displacement is the only way to get torque really in these engines. or any for that matter.

torque comes from displacement , period. so upping your displacement is the only way to get torque really in these engines. or any for that matter.

i thought that raising comp was a given to raise torque significantly? i still need to learn alot...

• 1 month later...
Agreed, don't go above 12.1:1 on a DD. You'll have to run race gas or alcohol injection to be worth a damn above that. Personally I'd say 11.5-12.0 to 1 is gonna be your best bet.

I wouldn't push more than 11.5:1 with 91 octane. Any more and you would have to retard the timing so much that it would be pointless to run that compression. You could run a cam with extreme overlap to bleed off some pressure but the dynamic compression while in the high rpms would cause it detonate. You can retard the timing but you will lose the power you are trying to gain with the compression. If it's a daily driver I would go with the stage 2 cams for drivability

Archived