my girlfriend wants...

ducttape2334

The pros down at Soundcraft (my local place) told me that dynamat (or anything else for that matter) wont really help cabin noise, such as road noise on the highway. I had some dynamat knockoff in my trunk and it helped with the subs pounding my trunk, but its not gonna insulate anything, all it does is tighten/stiffen whatever it is applied to. That way there isn't as much vibration.

Bottom Line: If there's a lot of vibration, go for it. If you're just getting road noise then you pretty much gotta deal.

I'm new to this forum, obviously.. and I was thinking about doing this to my sol as well. The rattling of the targa is starting to become annoying. Good tips.

The pros down at Soundcraft (my local place) told me that dynamat (or anything else for that matter) wont really help cabin noise, such as road noise on the highway. I had some dynamat knockoff in my trunk and it helped with the subs pounding my trunk, but its not gonna insulate anything, all it does is tighten/stiffen whatever it is applied to. That way there isn't as much vibration.

Bottom Line: If there's a lot of vibration, go for it. If you're just getting road noise then you pretty much gotta deal.

all noise that you hear is from stuff resonating.... if you dampen it so it won't resonate as much, or at all, you are cutting down on the noise.

all the different types of products out there from the foams, to the insulation stuff, to the tar paper, all dampen different frequencies of noise.

here is the back of my bug....

Headliner017.jpg

2 layers of the roofing stuff on pretty much every open panel. and 4 layers on the floor

Dynamat extreme on the rear shelf

Dynaliner on my roof, and doors (along with the roofing stuff)

Entire floorpans are coated top and bottom with e-dead v3

Inner fenders, and underside of fenders are coated with 3-4 coats of e-dead v3

above all that there is at least 2 layers of reflective backed bubble wrap insulation. <-- that shiat holds out heat out or in, like you wouldn't believe

if u read though those ratings of all the dynomat or anything like that it does help to take away the vibrations, rattles and quiet everything, it keeps the sound in and sound out, i recommend everything except the asfault kind like the dynomat orginal or types like that because i have used them and they dont like to form or stick to anything very good, ive used the dynomat extreme and was very impressed with it but you have to make sure you start from one end and go to the other, if there is indents in the surface and you go to press it down with the roller it will stretch and rip the foil side really easy, i havent had any expirence using any other brand then dynomat but im sure they work good, i also know dynomat sells a bulk spray which was a way better deal then the precut mats. all up to you on what you go with its your budget.

Archived