my girlfriend wants...

ducttape2334

not sure if theres really room on the firewall to install it. 100 sq feet might be a little much, but you can do several layers, this will also improve your music sound and get rid of some rattles. if you have subs in your trunk it definitely helps there. check out the pricing and see how much you want to spend

no you dont want the ensolite, you want the stuff that comes in a roll thats between $1-2 a square foot. there was a discount going on a while ago, but i dont think it still is

heres a good breakdown of most of the products out

click

check out the blue links on the top right of the page for other info too

Have you done this to your sol, airjordan? I might look into this once I get a sound system. Would be nice to have a quiet interior for music listening and relaxed driving...

Nice info, btw.

i just did it in my trunk and its amazing how much better the subs sound and how much it reduced the rattles. i helped my friend do it in his accord, we did his entire trunk with a couple layers, his doors, and some other areas, not the floor though. i might do it in my sol because theres not much left for me to do besides spend big bills with a swap

I had a friend that used some thing from the roofing isle at homedepot or something... He had ten inch subs in his neon and they sounded way better with thats stuff.... its basically the same as dynomat and the others just alot cheaper... just and idea.

Im not sure exactly what it is. It kinda looks like dynomat but it is just silver with no lettering/logos. All I know is that he used it in his trunk and his subs were insanly loud for ten inch. Before he used it, his subs sounded like crap. Everything rattled. Afterwards everyone was impressed with it. Like I said I really dont know what it was. I will ask him exactly what it was.

my wonderful girlfriend loves the new del sol i have but can't stand how loud the cabin is. she wants me to quiet it down some or have to take her car (saturn SL2 it sucks) so anybody have any suggestions?

punch her

Or:

For the places where the dynomat is too think to apply you can also use the spray-on rubber undercoating. Not nearly as good as dynomat, but works great in areas that you can't cover by other means.

I had a friend that used some thing from the roofing isle at homedepot or something... He had ten inch subs in his neon and they sounded way better with thats stuff.... its basically the same as dynomat and the others just alot cheaper... just and idea.

thats what I used in the bug!

If you apply the tar paper when it is warm enough out it will actually stick to and semi-permanently adhere to the metal surfaces. Which is what you would want.

It isn't really tar paper I don't think.

it does get really sticky when hot. Don't use it on your roof under your headliner, because if it gets hot enough, it will probably sag and fall.

Its a roofing underlay thats called something like Ice and water shield I think... Its been awhile since I've used it.

I just used it on my roof this last summer. It literally is tar and oil soaked paper. this is also the reason why roofing is only done when the outside temperature is at a minimum level or when the sun is full shining. When it warms up it gets sticky and seals gaps and cracks in your roof to keep ice and water out. It would do the same thing in your car but installed on the interior it would keep sound out and deaden loose/rattling metal parts as well. Installing this on the floor of your car would be an excellent selection. It will warm up and mold to the contour of your floor and won't alter the thickness very much.

If you wanted to go way over the top you could get the liquid roofing tar compound and apply it as well - applies with a trowel. It will never hard setup, it will always remain flexible. It would make a crazy mess to install it, but done right you wouldn't be able to beat it's sound deadening.

Remember: your car will have a peculiar tar/oil smell in the interior for quite some time. Take a good whiff of anything you are going to install to make sure you don't find the scent too obnoxious.

Archived