Spare Tire Cover Finished

demented6's

On My 93 you pop the trunk and all u see is where the spare tire is suppose to be with a jack. I got some hardwood floor that i got some left over from building a home. I'm thinkin about hardwood floor the trunk, So whats your opinions? It would be free and cover up that big space.

decided to do it anyhow, lol didn't take long.

For the subs, there in there until i build a box for the pioneer speakers, The muffler just haven't put it on, the amp is bolted down thinkin bout keepin it there

trunk.jpg/

trunk.jpg

that actually doesnt look that bad. to post a pic, just click on the little button that looks like a landscape i guess, its to the left of the smiley face, and paste the url there.

my friend had those same subs in his jeep a few years ago, with the blue led lights

• 2 weeks later...

That's a pretty neat idea. I've taken the spare tire out of the sol, any ideas on something that would be strong enough to hold things on top? Like trace the trunk tray but with something thicker so it can support a good amount of weight.

wood looks good :thumbsup:

ur gonna rethink that amp position when u want to put just about anything in the trunk.>_<

why not cut a hole in the wood and lay the amp in the tire well, then lay a sheet of plexi over top of the wood?

Glad you've mention the amp in the tire well, i was thinking about building a box in the tire weld to mount two amps to at an angle with some neons. put flexi over the peep hole. I'm tryin to figure out about a speaker box. Do i want to do a hardwood look, carpet, or do a fiberglass and get it painted to match the car when i paint it in the future.

Were the amp is its hard to hide the wires esp with a 1800 watt wiring kit.

yea, u could always get a hair thicker plywood and carpet it with some replacement carpet. If ya still want to use ur tire weld. u could put a two piece ply wood and bolt a hinge on it so u can acess it. Sorry for spellin guys i'm from the south. lol.

Yea. Put the amp in the tire well, under the wood. I like the wood so stick with it. Plus the wood is a much easier DIY than Fiberglass and less expensive.

So mount it under the wood, then cut a hole in the wood (you can get creative, make the hole any shapes/sizes you want) to see through to the tire well where the amp is. Then just put one large sheet of plexi over everything, instead of trying to fit plexi inside the hole. This way you see the amp, the wiring is hidden in the tire well under the sub box, and also you have more flat surface area to put stuff when u actually need to use the trunk.

PLEXI--------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOD_____________ HOLES ____ HOLES ____________

--------------------------------{{{{{AMP}}}}}-----------------------

That's a pretty neat idea. I've taken the spare tire out of the sol, any ideas on something that would be strong enough to hold things on top? Like trace the trunk tray but with something thicker so it can support a good amount of weight.

You could use 1/4 or 7/16 plywood. it will be lighter then mdf and not break apart. will hold up better if it gets rained on or your trunk leaks too. As for the weight the span is not that far and the plywood will certainly be stronger then the original cardboard. I just traced my cardboard out and cut it with a jigsaw. the final weight was about 5 pounds, so it didn't add much and I can actually put something heavy i the trunk now without it caving in.

Thats even better idea covering the wood and the hole with a solid piece of flexi. That way the wood or the hole can't be messed up.

Exactly....but keep in mind that its still easy to scratch up the plexi....so if you ever put anything in the trunk, put a towel or some kinda cloth over the plexi first.

Archived