forged pistons

95exd16z6

so i was lookin to build the internals on my d16z6 for goin turbo and i found arias pistons 9:1 with a set of eagle rods for around 500 bucks. but i was wonderin if the compression ratio was to high to run with or even without boost(before i can get my turbo i want to bild the bottom end, the one in the car might have a bad rod bearing, so i was gonna get it all outta the way)

9.0:1 is fine for boost. Can run 10 psi with a decent tune, more with a good tune.

i wanna run 15 psi max, but id like to get up to that mark. nd is 9.0:1 to high NA? i dnt have alot of money so im tryin to do one step at a time nd i wanna build b4 i boost caus i think my bottoms end is week as it is.

I have seen 10 sec single cams. Your compression ration will be fine whether you go turbo or not only on NA will have alot less power output due to the lower compression. For example I have a GSR with 13.1 compression but the motor built for Na I also have my hatchback with an LS VTEC Turbo on 9.5 to 1 compression so yours is fine! Go Luck on your project

VTEC4L

I have seen 10 sec single cams. Your compression ration will be fine whether you go turbo or not only on NA will have alot less power output due to the lower compression. For example I have a GSR with 13.1 compression but the motor built for Na I also have my hatchback with an LS VTEC Turbo on 9.5 to 1 compression so yours is fine! Go Luck on your project

VTEC4L

hold on, so if i have 9:1 comp ratio on a NA d16z6 then im gonna loose power?

he means without forced induction running. 9:1 is fine dude , good for 15 psi with tuning no problem. 10 second single cams youve seen eh? lol. i know a couple people with monster built , 600 horse , over 2 litre DOHC setups running 25psi , they just break into the 10's (not consistently) , running 10" slicks. id like to know exactly what was done to one of these 10 second single cams. besides leaving just enough metal on the car to call it a car , haha.

he means without forced induction running. 9:1 is fine dude , good for 15 psi with tuning no problem. 10 second single cams youve seen eh? lol. i know a couple people with monster built , 600 horse , over 2 litre DOHC setups running 25psi , they just break into the 10's (not consistently) , running 10" slicks. id like to know exactly what was done to one of these 10 second single cams. besides leaving just enough metal on the car to call it a car , haha.

I feel sorry for the driver that has 600hp and can't maintain 10's consistantly. my boy has 518hp to the wheels and runs 10.4's all day

i'd like to see the time slips, i'll call BS till then.

CHECK OUT A WEBSITE THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW AS TUNEDBYCFT.COM AND LOOK FOR THEIR BLUE CIVIC IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN IT WAS MAKING ABOUT 580HP ON A MUSTANG DYNO AND LOOK AT THEIR TIMES CALL BS THEN OH AND THEY SHOW YOU THE DYNO RUNS AND YOU CAN SEE THEIR TIMES HAVE FUN !!!!!!!

Archived