loud beltish noise?

demented6's

hard to say, but first thing to check is make sure you didn't jump a tooth on the timing belt. no idea what that would sound like under pressure, but it would be the first thing I would check for since it could be the most damaging. When was the last time you have it changed anyway?

Is it a horridly loud screaching sound? my car makes that noise sometimes when it rains, its my belt slippin on the alternator. its caus my alternator belt is too loose. make sure when u check ur timimg belt like x3772 said that you check and make sure your drive belts(alternator, ac, power steering) are at the right tension. idk bout that pop tho, thats weird.

Yea, all the belts are new. I replaced them this month. I looked today and noticed that the altenator belt was loose. I tighten it back up and it stopped. The local mechanic said maybe the altenator locked up and it got loose. I dunno but aslong it doesn't make that horrible noise again.

Yea, all the belts are new. I replaced them this month. I looked today and noticed that the altenator belt was loose. I tighten it back up and it stopped. The local mechanic said maybe the altenator locked up and it got loose. I dunno but aslong it doesn't make that horrible noise again.

Yea, 95exd16y8 is definetly right.my 99ex was doing the same thing.don't know the cause but i do know that in the morning after the temp has changed over night and the belt expands it could squeal for up to like 30 seconds.and any moisture in the air will cause it to slip with the slightest touch on the gas.

when you replace the belts you should go back like a week or 2 later and tighten them again, caus they get broken in and loosen. sounds like you got it fixed tho. just make sure its not too tight or youll snap it.

Archived