k20 harder to install then a h22?

chris_agu28

I was talking with my friends and they were saying i should get a k20 instead of a h22 and i was telling them for 2 grand less i get the h22 but they said the k20 was so much better then a h22 but it is 2 grand more. I seen some videos of the k20 and it is fast.

1. Is it worth the extra two grand to get?

2. Would it be harder to install in the del sol then the h22?

3. Would there be more weight in the car compared to the h22?

4. Would I have to rewire everything to get it to work?

5. Any guides or anything out there that will help?

Sorry for all the questions i am asking all at once instead of starting a bunch of little topics and flooding the board.

1. Is it worth the extra two grand to get? yes

2. Would it be harder to install in the del sol then the h22? yes

3. Would there be more weight in the car compared to the h22? very minimal

4. Would I have to rewire everything to get it to work? baahahaha , yup. plug and play harnesses do exist for many apps though

5. Any guides or anything out there that will help? theres DIY's around for K swaps.

www.k20a.org.

great site for K info , lts of people selling parts and stuff too. swaps as well.

Edited by cranny

i wouldnt , but thats my opinion. those 20 horse arent worth it. look at it this way. at least 1500 bucks in difference right. you can get type r cams and valvetrain for 3-350 bucks. ive seen a couple sets of pistons and rods go for 200 bucks , brand new honda OEM. so for 500 bucks , you could make it close to type r. but the tranny is different as well. A2 is the way to go. cheaper and more plentiful.

I am getting there. I not really going to buy it immediately i am going to buy it slowly, then i will put it all in. I make enough but i kinda wanna save some money just in case that is why i am buying it slowly. but yeah it is going to be alot of money.

how much do you think it will be all together?

i quite mechanically inclined and i have a lot of tools at the house and if i need to custom fab some parts i know how to weld and machine up new parts with the lathe or mill, so that elimates the need for a shop. I do like the ability of everything is really plug and play so yeah. I just got to actually get the parts....That is going to be the most expensive part

It'll be sweet in a couple years when K swaps are gonna be as common as B swaps are, and you can get all the stuff wicked cheap like you can for B swaps nowadays. I'm deffo gonna drop a K series into my sol when I get out of college and am no longer perpetually broke.

It'll be sweet in a couple years when K swaps are gonna be as common as B swaps are, and you can get all the stuff wicked cheap like you can for B swaps nowadays. I'm deffo gonna drop a K series into my sol when I get out of college and am no longer perpetually broke.

noooo you cant do that, your sol will have what 50,000 on it by then?

Prolly. It's gonna be sitting for 6 months from Jan-July with less than 41,000 while I'm away. Prolly will have around 50k by the summer after that. Then it'll prolly sit for another year when I do the Jesuit Volunteer Corps in some crazy third-world country.

You make a good point. Perhaps I'll try to supercharge the stock D16Z6 instead, and then K swap it after that engine gets older...

Decisions, decisions.

Edited by TS John

i dont get why there arnt more SC cars out there. seems like its a better deal than turbo because you get power all through the rpm range. but then again, turbo you can upgrade more, and a SC you sort of need power to make power i guess and hondas dont really work like that