Anyone know much about towing vehicles?

compuvision02

JUST PULL A LOAN AND GET AN F550 ROB. ;)

My uncle has one. He's hauled 25K PLUS the weight of the truck with it with no issues whatsoever. Barely knew it was there.

Lulz, of course we're referring to cost-effectivity.

along with the 2 durangos we went through, my dad had a dodge truck for 8 years driven daily, hauling a bunch of different types of trailers and never had any tranny problems

If I could afford a new truck, I wouldn't be here asking opinions, haha. I am talking about used and old.

Several years ago I had a 1990 Suburban 3/4 ton that could haul about anything you wanted, but it isn't a good regular driver. I used it on my farm to haul trailers and other garbage and never had a hint of trouble for a truck I bought for $1800 and kept for 3 years. If you only use it to haul a trailer those things are killer.

lmao @ power joke.

It's a healthy truck. You don't even have to use the clutch or gas in first gear to keep it revving. Just dump said clutch and let it bounce. It'll never stall LOL. 3mph is teh maxx sonz.

I saw a used '93 Chevy 1500 for sale today. EXT cab, Z71 I think for 2,800.

Several years ago I had a 1990 Suburban 3/4 ton that could haul about anything you wanted, but it isn't a good regular driver. I used it on my farm to haul trailers and other garbage and never had a hint of trouble for a truck I bought for $1800 and kept for 3 years. If you only use it to haul a trailer those things are killer.

I was gonna suggest a Suburban. People are prolly selling those monsters on the cheap these days cause they can't afford to drive it with gas prices these days

I saw a mid/late 90's Durango towing some big old domestic on a trailer tonight, so maybe I will look into them. My car has to be half the weight of that thing. Plus, I'm not sure if I am going to run on a full trailer or not, I'd prefer to.

Durango, Ram 1500, Grand Cherokee, and still looking for other options. Price range may have went up a little too.

I just put new tires on my truck this morning. I spent 75% of the value of the vehicle in tires. Damn trucks are not cheap to maintain, but I had to have something decent for highway hauling. I'm in the market now for a trailer, preferably a flatbed big enough for two smaller cars - might have to go with a gooseneck to get what I want though.

yea, centers it over the axles and allows you to load the full capacity of the vehicle without hampering handling.

but like the OP is having trouble with - where to find one in the price range I want to spend?

well all vehicles have their problems, we've had 2 durangos and my dad had a dodge ram for 8 years, all of which went over 100,000 miles and none had tranny problems. so i guess its just luck

well all vehicles have their problems, we've had 2 durangos and my dad had a dodge ram for 8 years, all of which went over 100,000 miles and none had tranny problems. so i guess its just luck

Exactly. Mine has 193k on it and original trans and no issues. The only thing this truck has ever known is heavy loads. It was used to haul grain wagons and service tractors in the field.

It's a little bit of luck as much as how the person who owned it treated it and how they maintained it that determines longevity.

Just buy a damn truck. It's not like you don't know how to fix things when they break. As long as you steer clear of 4x4/AWD the trans for most 1/2 ton trucks are not real expensive. and can be installed by a hack with crappy tools in just a few hours at worst.

Just buy a damn truck. It's not like you don't know how to fix things when they break. As long as you steer clear of 4x4/AWD the trans for most 1/2 ton trucks are not real expensive. and can be installed by a hack with crappy tools in just a few hours at worst.

well i think that he will be ok with just about anything and like you said his skill set should shine.

Archived