more high end power?

ducttape2334

my friends and i like to go out on the weekends and drive around. When we get on the freeway though i can only keep up through first through third gears and when i hit fourth they out perform my Del Sol and pull way ahead. What modifications would help in fourth and fifth gear?

i was thinking about getting a header. what would be better for high end power? a 4-1 or a 4-2-1. and is that something my buddy and i can install easily? we have a moderate amount of knowledge and we have all the tools we would need.

i am guessing though the vtec head would require a shop to install?

a turbo is a lot more expensive though haha...i can only spend a couple hundred a month if i am lucky and there is so much to do to this car...new sound system, racing seats, redone interior, exhaust, body work, body kit?, headlights, taillights...not to mention the engine work!! ugh

Repsol, what brand is your 4-2-1? I'd rather have a 4-2-1 than a 4-1 on my D16Z6. I have a 4-1 DC sports ceramic just lying around pretty much. Wanna trade? This is assuming you have one of equal or greater value....

...Ben you're gay... But it is ebay special header. ;) I Mean as far as I'm concerned, isn't it basically the same as far as piping? I can repaint it so it doesn't flake. Only thing on the car that is Ebay is the full exhaust system.

Repsol, what brand is your 4-2-1? I'd rather have a 4-2-1 than a 4-1 on my D16Z6. I have a 4-1 DC sports ceramic just lying around pretty much. Wanna trade? This is assuming you have one of equal or greater value....

How come you like 4-2-1 better on the z6?

I hate when people say, "a header is a header, and an exhaust is just an exhaust." or even, "an intake is just an intake"

Lol, I could go on for days about that. It's not the same, otherwise major companies like DC sports and SMS wouldn't have higher end headers and still be in business.

Quality > *

a turbo is a lot more expensive though haha...i can only spend a couple hundred a month if i am lucky and there is so much to do to this car...new sound system, racing seats, redone interior, exhaust, body work, body kit?, headlights, taillights...not to mention the engine work!! ugh

if you have the cat-converter in the manifold you can use that manifold as a turbo mani. go to a junkyard and find a turbo and down pipe out of a 90-94 eclispe and get the flange to bold you mani to the hot side of the turbo. then all you have to do is button up the other little odds and ends. like oil lines, charge piping, and get a tune. All of that can be done for as low as a few hundred bucks.

Yeah, eBay headers are not an acceptible trade item for real-deal DC sports ones. Sorry. Anyway, I'm trying to trade it for a Wii now.

The reason I want a 4-2-1 instead of a 4-1 is that I want more low end power. I hardly ever take my car higher than 4,000 rpms, so it makes sense to want lower end power than upper for me.

I hate when people say, "a header is a header, and an exhaust is just an exhaust." or even, "an intake is just an intake"

Lol, I could go on for days about that. It's not the same, otherwise major companies like DC sports and SMS wouldn't have higher end headers and still be in business.

Quality > *

DC is one thing ..

But SMS, Toda, RS*R (dunno if they still make a header for b-series, much less anything else) and that one other one..that makes some BADASS looking racer header's ..

Much better than the rest. Dyno proven, quality proven. You get what you pay for, for sure.

Yeah, eBay headers are not an acceptible trade item for real-deal DC sports ones. Sorry. Anyway, I'm trying to trade it for a Wii now.

The reason I want a 4-2-1 instead of a 4-1 is that I want more low end power. I hardly ever take my car higher than 4,000 rpms, so it makes sense to want lower end power than upper for me.

unless you get a direct trade, i wouldnt really worry about it man. i dont think the hassle is worth the minimal hp difference among rpms

Archived