Just bought a "new" 1997 EX Sedan V6

forgop

It has 158k miles and is in great condition. Interior is perfect with a couple very minor exterior blemishes. Very well maintained with all maintenance records. I paid $3,500. Drove it home yesterday and it drove like a champ.

Sounds like a deal. Enjoy it!

It has 158k miles and is in great condition. Interior is perfect with a couple very minor exterior blemishes. Very well maintained with all maintenance records. I paid $3,500. Drove it home yesterday and it drove like a champ.

Welcome to the club (the we own a 97 EX-V6 club).

Some FYI and things to watch out for:

Fog lights: there are many "OEM" knock-offs, but the correct set for our car is rare.

I modified a 4-cylinder set to fit, I can post some pictures if you like since the lights are very common and relatively cheap.

If you start up in the morning and car hesitates and you get a check engine light, be mindful of how long the car has sat without running and how much humidity is outside. The intake is testy with moisture present. Clear the code and see if it returns the next morning.

If you start up in the morning and you hear a faint knocking that goes away after a while, you're low on oil. The push rods will knock if the oil pressure is low. If you're low on oil and it's all in the pan, i.e. the morning, you will knock. Top it off and find your leak.

Valve cover gaskets, there's four of them and the ones on the side are whores. Take a little Honda brand liquid gasket and glue the rubber gasket to the valve cover, then replace the cover. If you follow the book, the gasket falls out every time. Use the glue!

Your leather seats have leather faces and vinyl sides. If you treat you seats with Lexol conditioner, it does nothing to protect the vinyl sides. Use a UV protectant on the vinyl and save your seats!

You can "Shout" out those stains from the créme colored rug.

If you do not have a 6-disc changer in the trunk, there is an adapter you can buy so any 8-din 6-disc player will fit in the trunk. To use the Honda bracket, you need to find an Alpine 6-disc player with 8-din connection.

Hard launches will twist the body lifting the drivers side, you will almost need to point the wheel alittle the left when taking off or at least be ready for it to pull.

The rear brakes calipers twist open.

Your bumper and hood are completely different from all other models, we have a CE6 chassis.

Projector conversions for HID (as opposed to Projector kits) will not fit on our cars, the ABS unit is in the way.

The 1997 USDM Accord came in 5 different flavors: DX, LX, EX, LX-V6, and EX-V6. The only difference between the LX-V6 and the EX-V6 is that the leather is standard on the EX-V6. I have seen an LX-V6 with steelies, possibly an option, but I have yet to confirm if this was done by the owner or if Honda allowed a downgrade on the rims.

I will post any others if I can think of them.

Edited by James Matteu