life is a dream, the world is burning

Rick B.

dyam. dat chit suks.

cant even picture what that looks like

worst i been through here (CT) was lots of sno

Hope everybody stays safe (meaning stay away from those tanks rbolander! You'll put an eye out :pirate: or two >_< ).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear all the cali people are doing ok

its tragic, but funny at the same time because it was not unexpected. this is a hazard of living in the area that they do. its like when Floridians complain about their beach house being washed away in a hurricane, or trailer trash in Nebraska blubbering about losing everything when they were the ones that built their place in the middle of a danger area. the irony amuses me.

that mess going on in Atlanta, now that will be a real problem as it was something no one suspected would happen.

yep. over half a million. and over 235,000 acres burned. here is a firemap so you can see the different burn areas. Im in oceanside. its crazy how thick the smoke is. the sky is like a brown orange and the sun barely gets through. Ash is falling almost like rain. its pretty crazy

Fire Map

here is a video of how thick the smoke is. This vid was taken yesterday in Encinitas by some random guy. Oceanside is only a few miles north of there

here is a vid of what its like to drive around here

youre in escondido nancy? i didnt know that. i recognize the streets. thats centre city pkwy isnt it?

Im glad that you and your son are safe. i hear that the escondido fire was pretty bad. i wish you the best.

yeah, moved here not too long ago. its chill, i guess. but im moving to temecula with my best friend and her babies. we should kick it when im all settled, rick. ill get you drunk.

yeah, moved here not too long ago. its chill, i guess. but im moving to temecula with my best friend and her babies. we should kick it when im all settled, rick. ill get you drunk.

Im down to kick it. just let me know when youre settled and everything.

be safe ok until then ok. where are you at the moment? all HF members are allowed to crash at my place at any time (just ask eh6tunerdaniel). so if youre stuck at qualcomm or somethin, we have extra beds and food and running water here.

*edit* Im not trying anything funny, just trying to help out. I know what its like to lose a home.

things are getting better in some areas and worse in others. with the wind dying down, its helping alot. but the fire near me on the base just caused everyone on base to be evacuated. which means the fire is less than 5 miles away from me.

the fires are still going on. that firemap that i posted earlier is updated regularly at least daily.

the majority of it though has cleaned up. air quality sucks still for most of the county, except here by the beach where i live. =) we have that nice cool ocean air that just blows in off the water, its so nice. lol.

when was the last time you had a wildfire in florida? there is no open space where you are where the fire can get out of control.

here in cali, we have wide open areas of desert with nothing but dry grass and bushes and strong winds to fuel fires. most of the fires are almost completely contained, but there are a couple that are under 50% contained

when was the last time you had a wildfire in florida? there is no open space where you are where the fire can get out of control.

here in cali, we have wide open areas of desert with nothing but dry grass and bushes and strong winds to fuel fires. most of the fires are almost completely contained, but there are a couple that are under 50% contained

I wasn't waving the BS flag, Jackass. I was stating that it's bullcrap that anyone would have to endure a fire that's lasted more than seven days.

Archived