life is a dream, the world is burning

Rick B.

Well, its nice to see that NONE of you watch the news, nice to see you all care. lol. All of san diego is in flames. The governator has declared a state of emergency and alot of san diego has been evacuated. its almost like san diego county is surrounded by fires. lol. My friend jose who is in escondido and is standing outside of his condo taking pictures and laughing about it even though the fire is literally down the street from his place.

This map needs to be updated, its current as of like 8am. there are a few more fires than this.

untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its the fire season.

florida has hurricane season, the midwest has tornados, we have fires.

We also have the santa anna winds going on (a really hot wind that blows a constant 35mph with gusts up to 100mph) and its spreading the fires like crazy. Its too windy to deploy the helicopters and planes so there is no way to control the fires at the moment. They arent expecting the winds to die down until at least wed.

so far over 35,000 people have been evacuated.

its the fire season.

florida has hurricane season, the midwest has tornados, we have fires.

We also have the santa anna winds going on (a really hot wind that blows a constant 35mph with gusts up to 100mph) and its spreading the fires like crazy. Its too windy to deploy the helicopters and planes so there is no way to control the fires at the moment. They arent expecting the winds to die down until at least wed.

so far over 35,000 people have been evacuated.

UPDATE!!!! The city my Dad lives in (Poway) has just been declared a National Disaster Area.

He thought that was kinda cool. He survived a year in Iraq so this is nothing to him. His roommate who served with him is actually sleeping.

hahaha. so true. f*ckin a man. they say the fire is gonna burn until it hits the coast. that sucks cuz then ill lose my new place. and my friend just moved out here today from arizona. talk about sh!tty luck huh.

It looks like the winds are blowing west, I hope the ocean doesnt burn down too.

In all seriousness though, I hope you guys are all safe.

LMAO THAT WAS SO GRIM.

yup, me and my baby had to get out of our place. the fire was just too close so now we're kicking it in point loma near downtown s.d. sucks monkey nuts, all my cars in storage are gonna burn.

It looks like the winds are blowing west, I hope the ocean doesnt burn down too.

Fire winds = manifest destiny

Fires suck, neighbors house across the street burned down a couple weeks ago. Stay safe.

i just went onto camp pendleton which is a marine base right next to my housing area to check out the fire there.

Its less than a hundred yards from storage tanks for jet fuel. Thats 100s of thousands of gallons of highly flammable jet fuel just waiting to go. I have to say, if the fire reaches those, things are going to get very exciting around here.

Archived