h22 questions

chris_agu28

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't just make a generalized statement like that. ("260whp H runs 11's") In a prelude it sure as hell does not.

H trans suck. Terrible feel of the shifter IMO, gearing sucks. Factory LSD?? omg! Get an aftermarket one that'll outperform it. Get an ITR tans, and tell me your car isn't faster.

Oh, and BTW, 260whp is easily attainable in an H22. There are people over the 300whp mark, so don't say it can't be done.

I definitely missed this place.

You can't just make a generalized statement like that. ("260whp H runs 11's") In a prelude it sure as hell does not.

H trans suck. Terrible feel of the shifter IMO, gearing sucks. Factory LSD?? omg! Get an aftermarket one that'll outperform it. Get an ITR tans, and tell me your car isn't faster.

Oh, and BTW, 260whp is easily attainable in an H22. There are people over the 300whp mark, so don't say it can't be done.

I definitely missed this place.

it's easily done turbo. all motor is not easy at ALL. a crap load of money that only one guy has done. over 300whp NA my ass. who are these people and show me some proof. this guy 2point6 aka Scott is very well known in the Accord and H22 world. ive heard of no one even close and im on 10 Honda/Acura forums. especially your run of the mill tuner. this guy Scott has his own shop and countless resources. 11s isnt a general statement, it's been done in a 4th gen Accord where the motor is. he's bored it out to 2.4L with ITBs and countless other mods that i could look up if you wanted.

higher gear ratios arent always better. the ITR tranny only has slightly higher 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears. a higher 5th gear isnt anything to brag about..i'd take a rebuilt h22 tranny over anything anyday. there's a reason you dont hear about anyone using anything else other than a h22 tranny. there are so many different types of h22 trannies out there, you cant go wrong.

They can handle the power, it's just the fact there's no shift linkage, some type of cable crap, the trans have limited aftermarket support, the gearing isn't great, AT ALL, and the LSD's stock suck. /rant

Find any real racer who uses a H motor and I bet it has a B series trans.

My cousin has a 550whp Teggy with a stock ITR tranny, well..relatively stock..only modification to it has been clutch/flywheel and technically that isn't within the tranny..But the most noteworthy change in things is the LS-Fifth gear.

He gives it HELL quite a bit, not all the time..but it hasn't shattered yet.

They can handle the power, it's just the fact there's no shift linkage, some type of cable crap, the trans have limited aftermarket support, the gearing isn't great, AT ALL, and the LSD's stock suck. /rant

No joke, and there have been more and more H2D setups popping up lately.

they definitely use shift linkage, what the hell else would you use on a tranny like that? most h22 trans support after market quaifes and the gearing IS perfect. the quickest NA Accord (11sec 1/4 mile) uses the T2T4 tranny, prodrive 4.7 FD, carbon synchros. so thie "real racer" with the most powerful NA h22 uses a h22 tranny...as does my friend with a 230whp Accord. he uses a H series tranny too.

the t2t4 came out of the 6th gen Accord SiR-T

T2t4-

1: 3.285

2: 1.956

3: 1.344

4: 1.034

5: 0.787

FD 4.266

m2b4-

1: 3.307

2: 1.950

3: 1.360

FD 4.266

the B series may have shorter gears, but the h22 trans is tuned so well with the power band. dont even mention highway driving with a B series trans. youll be revving way worse than a h22 trans.

they definitely use shift linkage, what the hell else would you use on a tranny like that? most h22 trans support after market quaifes and the gearing IS perfect. the quickest NA Accord (11sec 1/4 mile) uses the T2T4 tranny, prodrive 4.7 FD, carbon synchros. so thie "real racer" with the most powerful NA h22 uses a h22 tranny...as does my friend with a 230whp Accord. he uses a H series tranny too.

the t2t4 came out of the 6th gen Accord SiR-T

T2t4-

1: 3.285

2: 1.956

3: 1.344

FD 4.266

m2b4-

1: 3.307

2: 1.950

3: 1.360

FD 4.266

the B series may have shorter gears, but the h22 trans is tuned so well with the power band. dont even mention highway driving with a B series trans. youll be revving way worse than a h22 trans.

That's why identical setup for setup, nix the h-series tranny on one engine and a b16 tranny on the other, two H22 powered '93 Hatchbacks..the H2B destroys the Straight-H setup?

Mhm..tuned for the powerband alright..

That's why identical setup for setup, nix the h-series tranny on one engine and a b16 tranny on the other, two H22 powered '93 Hatchbacks..the H2B destroys the Straight-H setup?

Mhm..tuned for the powerband alright..

oh, so the motors put down the same numbers? if not, what you said means nothing. theres stock h22 accords that i would destroy and theres some stock h22 accords out there that could take me. every motor is different, not to mention mods, weight of vehicle, weight of driver. if all that was the same and if the dynos were identical, you would be on to something.

oh, so the motors put down the same numbers? if not, what you said means nothing. theres stock h22 accords that i would destroy and theres some stock h22 accords out there that could take me. every motor is different, not to mention mods. now if the dynos were identical, you would be on to something.

No because I've been in a similar situation where an H22 was dynoing 205whp and the other was dynoing 212whp. H-tranny was on the one with higher power, b was on the other. B walked on it's ass through the lower gears and held it off before it ran out of gear in fifth.

No because I've been in a similar situation where an H22 was dynoing 205whp and the other was dynoing 212whp. H-tranny was on the one with higher power, b was on the other. B walked on it's ass through the lower gears and held it off before it ran out of gear in fifth.

theres still so many factors, that is hardly an accurate asseement. the fact remains that people with beastly ass NA h22s have done countless reasearch on everything imaginable to make better numbers, have chosen the h22 tranny. if the B series was so great, Honda would have reused it on the SiR-T, Euro R, and Accord Type R, all h22 Accords. things might be different on smaller cars like integras and civics.

hehe any real racer... you sound like vin diesel

anyway here's a little excerpt from that guy with the boosted h22 sol who smoked the lambo

"the car has had tranny issues for the longest time but he finally gave up on the H series tranny and went with an H2B kit and he hasn't had any problems since..."

either way, you can have different opinions, but bitching for 3 pages is retarded

velocifero: i think you need to have a certain post count in order to change it. the question has been answered before, do a search on the board questions and feedback section.

i dunno how much power that guy was making, but a guy on another forum of mine is making 612WHP/445TQ T4-PT6176 H22 on a H23 transmission, using a 5th gen Accord chassis. this guy is running low 10s. if you dont believe the power, i can pull up his dyno slips. not every tranny is the same. some just crap out. tomato/tomato (doesnt really work without hearing it does it?)

Personally, if I were going H, I'd ditch the H22 block completely and go H23. I'd also either go ITR trans or keep a D trans built to my likings. I hate the feel of the H trans. I will look it up, but I was positive it used something different when it came to linkage. I think it is a damn shift cable.

Archived