Turbo Cams or NA Cams

VTEC4L

I have an Ls Vtec on my Hatch! I am finishing the suspension on it before I hit the dyno for the first time. What I am looking for information on is the rumors that NA Cams make more power than the Turbo cams. I am currentlly using stock GSR Cams and I seen great power made with them but I want more! For those who might know please help! Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

turbo grinds usually have a split duration cam. intake lift and duration is less than that of the exhaust lift and duration.

air is being forced in, so intake doesn't need to "open wide" to breathe, but the exhaust needs to get out as quick as possible so it needs plenty of duration and lift to get it all out.

also they are ground on a tighter lobe center to have no valve overlap.

I have an Ls Vtec on my Hatch! I am finishing the suspension on it before I hit the dyno for the first time. What I am looking for information on is the rumors that NA Cams make more power than the Turbo cams. I am currentlly using stock GSR Cams and I seen great power made with them but I want more! For those who might know please help! Thanks

i thought you said you always built motors?

shouldnt you know that stuff?

Archived