Need Help

babyb18a1

I'm sure my questions have been answered elsewhere on the forum but i don't get much time to look them up being that i'm active duty in the navy.First off,i just bought a 99 EX with 94K for 5,000.00.My previous car was a 1995 Toyota supra single turbo six speed with 603 at the wheels.all done by me and the people from boostlogic.so this is my first honda and I just want to know what the best and easiest swap is to get rid of the d16y8 or does the SOHC have potential.and how much am i looking to pay.I've seen the edelbrock and greddy kits but i definetly want more.My second question is what the hell is the squealing noise that i'm hearing when i start the car.i mainly hear it while i'm on the clutch and when i let off it goes away.but i also hear it when going from 1st to 2nd when it's cold outside.