Will my trans bolt up to new motor?

horizanGray_CIVIC

I currently have a 95 Honda Civic non-Vtec 1.5 liter 5spd, and I plan to swap in the same gen 1.6 liter V-tec motor and I was pretty sure it would bolt up to the tranny from the old motor but just wanted to be sure. Anyone mind clerifying that for me or know any other better engines that would bolt to the same trans?

As long as it's a D-series then it's all good.

Thanks man I thought so but just wanted to be sure, This is my first honda I had a 98 dodge neon DOHC that was pretty quick but some lady t-boned me and totaled it so I bought this civic, Got 2 more payments and then it will only take me 2 months to save up for swap.

dont even waste your money dude. save a little more and swap in a DOHC VTEC engine. putting another D series engine in that car is a waste of money imo. if you wanted to do that , than just get a head gasket and do a mini me swap , better anyways.

dont even waste your money dude. save a little more and swap in a DOHC VTEC engine. putting another D series engine in that car is a waste of money imo. if you wanted to do that , than just get a head gasket and do a mini me swap , better anyways.

Yeah thats what i really want to do but i'm workin with limited funds and i could get the sohc v-tec cheap, throw some unorthadox racing pulleys and a light weight flywheel for now for some extra hp b/c my goal hp for this car is 215 to 230 somewhere in that range and im thinking those mods would put me at like 145-150 but i could be wrong, cheapest Dohc Si engine i could find is like 2g, but I do appreciate the suggestions. what all do i need to swap from the ex engine to convert my motor to V-tec?

Archived