my car is sick...

So i went to the pump today to fill up my car. I started filling it up but i was only getting about like 30 cent spurts and then the pump would shut off. then id start pumping again...same thing happened until i got to about $3 or $4. so i told the lady and she transfered my money to another pump...same thing happened. so i got pissied off, got my change and left.

its almost like the tank is full and its shutting the pump off, but am 100% sure its not cause ive been on this tank for about a week or two. unless i some how got two broken pumps.lol

maybe im missing something really obvious but do u guys have any ideas? :crazy:

but seriously i dont think thats is the problem cause i even tried pulling it out a lil and the problem continued. LOL

don't resort to pulling out :thumbsup:

is there a bend in the hose thing that goes to the tank? something clogging it maybe? isn't there supposed to be some sort of vent that prevents too much pressure from building up in the tank?

lmao ya ive had the same problem with my car, the 01 monte carlo ss, and my old grand prix from this BP station i went to, if i go full blast it kicks out but if i go like 3/4 or so it works just fine, some gas stations have the presure on the pumps a little higher i guess

lmao ya ive had the same problem with my car, the 01 monte carlo ss, and my old grand prix from this BP station i went to, if i go full blast it kicks out but if i go like 3/4 or so it works just fine, some gas stations have the presure on the pumps a little higher i guess

thats retarded. i swear if i develope anymore problems im gonna freak.lol. just found out the other day that the hose from my PCV to my intake mani is callapsed*. hopefully an easy fix tho.lol

i spent enough years working at the gas station this one is pretty common....this was nearly always a case of just pulling out about half way and only giving her about half the pressure. :devil:

i spent enough years working at the gas station this one is pretty common....this was nearly always a case of just pulling out about half way and only giving her about half the pressure.:devil:

guess i was stikin it in to far. oh well, ill give it another try and be gentle...

so do u think the pcv valve needs replacing or just some stronger tubing? and is it going to effect anything seriously if i drive it?

Archived