2000 Si swap

deycallmemc

I have never done an engine swap so i feel no fear in asking some questions.

Would it be possible to swap a 2000 honda civic si engine and transmission for that of a 97 ex?

I own the ex and wanted to get the si e/t.

Any other information i would need to know if this was possible?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

you need the Si rear mount bracket , Si A/C bracket , which doubles as torque mount. you need any 94-01 shift linkage. you can reuse your civic passenger tranny mount. you need any 94-01 passenger side front torque mount. and you need drivers side mount off Si as well. youl need an OBD2B to OBD2A conversion harness. youl reuse the harness thats in your car. youl need to wire vtec. use search.

Onestly don't do it. You will be unhappy and spend a good amount in purchasing the motor and swapping it. Go B-18c or Type R its a little more pricing but you will be happier in the long run. B-16's or SI are the worst for tourque and make less power to the wheels. Most cars on the street are hardly running stock engines so a stock B-16 will get hurt. But thats my opinion!

Onestly don't do it. You will be unhappy and spend a good amount in purchasing the motor and swapping it. Go B-18c or Type R its a little more pricing but you will be happier in the long run. B-16's or SI are the worst for tourque and make less power to the wheels. Most cars on the street are hardly running stock engines so a stock B-16 will get hurt. But thats my opinion!

Um.

NOWAI.

Archived