Upgraded from CRX to Del Sol

freakshow10mm

My dad loaned me his 90 CRX to save on gas in the warm weather instead of driving my Blazer around at 15mpg. My little brother signed up for the Army and he said I can drive his Del Sol around if I want, as he will be on base and won't need it. Sweet. I'll take good care of it.

Car is from NM, another one of my dad's eBay deals. No rust, clearcoat is lifting due to sun damage on hood. Otherwise tip, top and 125K miles. Has a set of Acura 14" wheels on it with two spare Honda wheels.

It's a 1995, pretty sure the S model, as it doesn't have PS, cruise, or PL. PS would be nice but isn't too bad unless you are at parking lot turn around speeds.

Pretty sure the speakers are stock, as they suck worse than a quarter whore. Might have to upgrade the Sony Xplod head unit and get some decent speakers in there. Figure I can fix it up as "rent" from my little bro. Chances are he will want to buy a new car when he gets out of the Army, so he might sell me this for real cheap.

Got two front shocks that will be installed next spring.

Any quirks I should know about with this car? What are common problems? Performance parts for the 102HP engine easy to find or am I looking at a swap down the road?

nice man, del sols are fun. well performance parts are pretty easy to get, but you really wont get much out of them. if youre really looking to get hp, a swap is probably your best idea. some common problems are roof squeaks/leaks, but i think that was fixed in the later models so you might not have that problem. also the material on the curved part of the door panel sometimes lifts up, not really that big of a deal but it happens. also if your timing belt hasnt been changed you should do that.

Archived