What I Want Teh Sol To Look Like.

Repsol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't classify something such as a single cam four cylinder from Japan a sports car.

I'd classify an MR2 as a sports car. S2000, is a given. I'd classify a Miata, maybe; as a sports car. But not something that can't even get into the fifteen's without a little help. AND DEFINITELY not something that takes 9 or 10 seconds to get to 60 mph.

ok by me classifying the Del Sol as a sports car isn't to do with how fast it can cover a 1/4 mile, its to do with the shape of it, the fact its got two seats, and the fact that the majority would definitely classify it as a sports car. its like u cant call a civic a sports car cos it covers a 1/4 mile in 10 seconds cos somebodies modded it, its a hatchback, end of...

and the last time i checked the sol dont take 9 or 10 seconds to get to 60, i got the base model jap VXi version, timed it at 8 seconds (ok im just being picky now im sorry)

that second set of wheels look a lot better! much nicer indeed

rotfl @ 8 seconds.. I run through the 1/8th stock as fast as that..probably faster.

if the sol had a bigger motor, it would be considered a sports car. im pretty sure my insurance doesnt consider it a sports car because of that fact. but yes it is a 2 door with a targa, so its basically a sports car, but "technically" its not i guess

rotfl @ 8 seconds.. I run through the 1/8th stock as fast as that..probably faster.

lol now now busted. its funny because we would though :laugh:

as for the sol originally posted, imho i think its nice and clean and all, but ugly. needs a lip or something, and definitely different rims, but i have never been a fan of those type of rims. definitly clean though.

HAHA, you said yankeedoodle, you limey brit!

the sol officially is a sports car, but it obviously isn't the same level as a countless other cars. just like there are sedans and trucks with vastly different ranges of specs within their classifications. the term sports car would be a blanket term for any vehicle that was intended to be a more recreationally minded vehicle. sports could be in reference to the body style, the function or the performance. they all equate to the same thing: a car for entertainment, not just function.

i have no idea what a limey brit is :unsure: , but I have a good friend who is british and we call her that all the time when she calls us rednecks or bumpkins.

ok stop laughing yankydoodle, look at your car compared to mine...I've only got a 1.5 vtec, god knows what is under that hideous bonnet you've got on your car but I'm sure its bigger than that, plus from the look of your sig, you've modded it too. hence why you would annihilate me in a drag...

oh and cheers for kinda seeing where i was coming from Jordan!

I'm dying at hideous bonnet, especially with that horrendous kit you have on your car.

Oh and for the record, No del Sol has ever gone 13.1 or even 13.5 stock @ well over 100 miles an hour.

What's even better is he's bringing my being American into it. That's AWESOME.

Oh, and for the record. I find it outright HILARIOUS that ..A regular Hemi Magnum wagon..a Trailblazer SS..Hell..even most of the base model 4,000 pound sedans that are being made now are quicker than that ``sports`` car ..even in stock form..

But I don't delve any further.

Archived