Accord '04 - Freeze up problem w/ Navigation System

HaveaQ

hi all,

recently the factory installed navigation system on my '04 Accord started to act up. First it started to freeze up all by itself then everytime it just restarts itself and once in a while asks for the CODE. When i try to enter the 4 digit code, it freezes up and restarts on the third digit that i try to input. After several tries i finnally got the code entered but then after a few minutes it froze up and restarted itself... :crazy:

so i went to my dealership yesterday and after three hours of wait time, the guy tells me that they don't know what the heck is wrong with it and would need to call their head offices in California and talk w/ their tech. line... but the guy at the dealership tells me that the peeps at Cali are in a meeting and that i would need to come back tomorrow...

so.... today i went in and the guy at the dealership tells me that after talking with the peeps at the honda headquarters.. they've told them that it is a known issue with the software freeze up in the navigation system, but they don't have a fix for it...

so my question to you all.. .has anyone else experienced this issue? if so, were you able to get it fixed?

thanks in advance for any help...

Archived