multiple tranny questions

Boostedgt6

my tranny sounds like its supercharged you know that whining nois you heard in revers well my car does it in 1st through 4th i tryed putting tranny fluid in but it went away for about a day and now its back any i deas???? and it also pulls hard to the left when i hit the gas hard is that normal or does that mean my axles are going bad

well it could be a few things. the main bearin in the tranny could be goin out, and the left drive shaft could also have slipped out of the tranny.but also if you can drain the tranny and see if there are any metal shavins in the fluid. if so it could just be that the gears in the tranny could have chewed some teeth off and that could be what is makin that sould.

make sure your tranny isnt leaking fluid is the first step. if its not , and its full and still making noises , most likely you need mainshaft bearings.

ok now i got a bigger problem car goes into gear but moves a little bit almost like trying to drive with the ebrake on..but when im in nuetral and i take my foot off the clutch it turns off and b4 all of this my axle was cliking like a b***h on the driver side (reason why i hit the gas and car pulled to left) soo does any one know if its my tranny my clutch or my axles????????

to be quite honest , you need to take your time and use english , cause i dont understand a word your saying dude. how can something move like the e brake is on? take your foot off the clutch and WHAT turns off?

Not that I can add too much to this convo, but I made an astute observation that I wanted to share:

If you are driving your car and discover something which you suspect is a transmission problem, should you:

A. Keep driving it and hope it goes away

B. Keep driving it and attempt to discover and fix the problem

C. Park it and get it fixed before you completely shred your entire transmission and/or corresponding parts

I realize that not everyone has alternate transportation, but this issue looks like something that might have been a little problem and is now a severe problem due to the original issue being compounded by continuing to drive the vehicle.

Cranny: I am fluent in internet gibberish. I think what he is saying is this:

Tt sounds like the transmission is now stuck in a particular gear, maybe second or third. Which would be why the car is extremely sluggish to get to move forward, and why when he puts it in neutral and takes his foot off the clutch the car stalls. If you are extremely lucky the shift gate (I don't know the correct term) has come loose and is no longer guiding the linkage into the correct gears. If the gate was slowly coming loose the sound you were hearing might have been the metal parts vibrating themselves loose. If that were all it was I don't think it's an extremely difficult repair, or expensive.

Just my thoughts.

no the car goes into most gears not second or 4th.. but even in nuetral its still in gear i take my foot off the cltuch and the car still wants to move.. but its not going any where like something is locked up

yea, exactly what I said. the gate on the transmission might be coming off or damaged. it doesn't matter what gear you have the shifter in, because without the gate on the tranny the linkage is just flopping all over the place. so if the shifter is in 4th, the car might actually be in 2nd, and when you pull it into neutral you might be moving it into 5th and whatever

yea i desided to say F*** it and bring to 7 and pop the clutch and i heard a loud pop and now it works sooooo..wtf i dunno but its getting sold tomarow so im gonna have to deal with my mazda untill i get another honda >_< now i have to deal with 10 miles to the gallon and hope i dont have to drive in the rain greatttt!!!! but thanks for the help guys

in that case , the bushing at the bottom of your shifter is done. tranny gate? lol

I'll find the specific link and post it in here. i used that word because i didn't remember what the correct term was. i am not crazy.....

Archived